Confrontation

AN: THIS IS NOT MY OC, they belong to Msticol

Xavier entered the room of his lab "It's over now I know inside, no one will ever know. The sorry tale of Zerif and those who died, no one must ever know. They'd only see the tragedy, hey'd not see my intent.

The shadow of Zerif's evil would forever kill the good that I had meant," he stopped, catching his reflection in a mirror.

Xavier looked as tired as he felt "Am I a good man? Am I a mad man? It's such a fine line between a good man and I."

//Do you really think that I would ever let you go? Do you think I'd ever set you free?// Xavier turned around to see shadows part and morph into a tall man. He smiled wickedly //If you do I'm sad to say, it simply isn't so. You will never get away from me!//

Xavier closed hiseyes tightly "All that you are is a face in the mirror! I close my eyes and you'll disappear!" When he opened his eyes Zerif was gone. Xavier sighed until he turned around to face the mirror.

The face in the mirror looked like his but it looked different too //I'm what you face when you face in the mirror! Long as you live, I will still be here!// his reflection taunted.

Xavier had taken the mirror and tossed it aside, glass shattering on the floor "All that you are is the end of a nightmare! All that you are is a dying scream! After tonight, I shall end this demon dream!"

Zerif rose up from the shattered mirror, eyes glistening darkly //This is not a dream my friend and it will never end! This one is the nightmare that goes on! Zerif is here to stay, no matter what you may pretend and I'll flourish long after you're gone!// He snapped, shadow tendrils rising off of him.

Xavier backed away "Soon you will die and my silence will hide you!" He countered as his hands grabbed the table edge "You cannot choose but to lose control!"

Zerif cackled //You can't control me! I live deep inside you! Each day you'll feel me devour your soul!// he snapped, the shadows darted out.

Xavier ducked and darted out of the wat "I don't need you to survive, as you need me! I'll become whole as you dance with death! And I'll rejoice, as you breathe your final breath!" He said.

Zerif stalked over //I'll live inside you forever!// he taunted, boots clicking as he got closer to Xavier.

Xavier looked away "No!"

Hands pried him to look at the discolored eyes //With The Wyrm itself by my side!//

Xavier spat at him "No!"

Zerif forced Xavier up by his throat //And I know that now and forever, they'll never be able to separate Xavier from Zerif!// Zerif got a sharp kick to the stomach. He tossed the young man down in rage.

Xavier fell near the glass, he spared a glance to a shard bear him.

Xavier picked it up just as Zerif about grabbed him. The young man plunged it into his stomach. He turned back to Zerif, both had blood spot growing on their clothes "Can't you see it's over now? It's time to die!"

Zerif growled as he let dark tendrils grab the boy //No not I! Only you!//

Xavier coughed as blood came down his mouth "If I die. You die, too!" He stated.

Zerif tightened the tendril //You'll die in me, I'll be you!// he mocked.

Xavier felt himself grow tired "Damn you Zerif! Leave me be!" He uttered.

Zerif forced Xavier to look at his reflection in the broken glass //Can't you see, you are me!//

Xavier clenched his eyes shut "No! Deep inside-" he was hoisted back up and his eyes forced open.

His iwn face stared back at him, dressed in Zerif's clothes //I am you!You are Zerif!// he snapped

Xavier growled and kicked his legs, placing a kick at the wound on Zerif's stomach "No - never!"

Zerif laughed as he began to fade //Yes forever!// he said.

Xavier let out a heavy breath "God damn you, Zerif! Take all your evil deeds and rot in hell!" He snapped

Zerif smirked //I'll see you there, Xavier!// he faded out entirely.

Xavier took shallow breaths, somebody came into the destroyed lab but he could barely make it out.

"Xavier!"

The young man shut his eyes just as he realized who it was.