Glass Bottle In An Ocean Of Sand

When Tipu was six, he carried an empty bottle around. No real reason actually but Miss Huana often attempted to take it. He'd start crying until she gave it back to him. Just a useless empty bottle. Or so she thought.

Miss Huana had followed the boy to the village until he reached a sandy spot. Tipu would use the bottle to fill it with sand then wandered to another place still near the village and dump the sand out into a small pile. Go to the well, where a few women were collecting water and watched as one woman helped pour water in his bottle. Tipu would go back to his sand pile then slowly pout the water out onto the sand until it was muddy. He looked back at her "Want to make a brick?" He asked.

Miss Huana smiled as she approached and crouched down "No, I have to keep my hands clean for my work," she said. Tipu nodded as he began squishing the muddy into a rectangular shape. Huana stood and patted his head then left. He was a clever boy, as much as she was fine with him in the medicine hut. Tipu knew how to keep himself busy.

-----------

Ganh showed up in the evening, Tipu had fallen asleep early from a long day of making a single mud brick. The earth master smiled at his son "He doesn't cause much trouble, does he?" He asked.

Huana shook her head "No, he's a very well behaved boy. Usually keeps himself busy making a brick out of mud," she replied.

The earth master raised an eyebrow "A brick made out of mud? What for?" He inquired.

The healer smiled "He makes tiny houses out of them," she said. They were cute like little replicas of the village. He had even shown her the cone one he had attempted to build from mud. The House as he called it, the same name he'd call the hut.

Ganh smiled "Thank you Miss Huana," he said with a curt nod.

The healer nodded to him "No need, I'm glad to care for Tipu. A sweet boy really," she replied.