Anecdoche

The Mind Halls were made of bronze and copper and steel. Jesper strode along side his mother and Tipu. They had slipped into slack pants with high collared shirts. Well except Jesper, the minds had said that he had to wear earth attire as he was no longer a mind and didn't need to follow their laws anymore.

He felt uncomfortable in the flowing robes and the glances of disgust or shame or disgrace from other minds. Another girl chuckled and got her friend to look. Jesper knew them once upon a-

The Mind stopped him at the meeting room door "No Earths Allowed," he stated.

Jesper raised an eyebrow as Master Naj and Tipu stared back, he looked up "I'm a mind, Master Naj is my mother," he said.

The guard stared at him, unmoving and emotionless "No Earths Allowed," the guard reinstated.

Jesper gritted his teeth and sighed aggressively, familiar walls going up "Fine. I'll be out here," he said. He walked off, the clothes billowing around him.

At a table Jesper stretched his arms out amd traced the hidden form on his wrist of Maui. The gazelle would want to be released soon but the Mind hall would through an unholy fit. When he was a mind, Jesper was so sure that he'd be a mind forever and hoped that he become the next master of Mind. Summoning Maui was something he thought of as disgrace and followed by the master of Earth claiming him as his mother claimed the earth boy who summoned a mind.

No not a mind, The Totem Of Mind himself. The once powerful Stone.

Jesper heard the clack of hooves on the floor. Maui slowly moved towards him. The few minds that were present watched in the pair settled to the floor.

Maui sat into Jesper's lap. Jesper stroked the fur along the animal's neck. He sighed, pulling his familiar closer to him. She smelled like beautiful damp earth, it made Jesper feel like he was back in the open wild earth.

A shoe squeaked on the floor and involuntarily Jesper called Maui into hidden. When he looked up at the source of the sound, there was a young mind boy staring at him no older than eight or nine. The boy watched with wide eyes as Jesper stood up. They stood their for a second then Jesper smiled "Would you like to pet her?" He asked.

The boy nodded. Jesper released Maui and the gazelle blinked at the boy. The child touched her slowly as if something would go wrong at any second. Maui pressed against the boy, taking the pets with eagerness. The mind boy giggled and gave her more pets.

A hand touched Jesper's shoulder. When he looked back to see his mother and Tipu. He smiled as the mind boy gave Maui a last pet and left. Jesper looked at them as the trio left "How did it go?" He asked.

His mother frowned slightly "May as well have been an Anecdoche meeting," she replied.

Tipu had a small confused look on his face "A what?" He asked.

Jesper leaned closer to Tipu "It means a conversation in which everyone speaks, but no one understands; everyone hears but no one listens."

Tipu nodded as he realized something. That meant the meeting went horribly and Jesper felt himself cringe on the inside.