Christmas With Catnip

Devin loved Christmas. The pretty lights of candles, the smell of sweets, and happy feeling that bubbled up inside. It helped him forget what had happened over the years. The wars, the lost, the anger and everything else. One day out of the entire year that gave him that relaxing feeling.

He had loved the-

A door slammed open and Devin yowled in horror. Karmo smiled at him with a box in his hands "MERRY CHRISMAS!" He yelled.

The two stood in the room for a minute of silence for Devin to calm his wild nerves. His tail was swishing about and puffed up to a black bushy mess. Devin stood straighter "Okay, never ever scare me like that ever again or I cut your throat," he said.

Karmo held up his gift with a gleeful look on his face "I got you a present!" He replied, ignoring the soft threat from the black cat.

Devin squinted at him with his feline eyes. Sharp and deadly as he took in the smell of something. Karmo smirked "Sorry kitty but scent isn't your friend today," he mocked.

Devin grumbled under his breath as he took the gift. For a second he had gotten distracted by the scratching of the paper from his claws. Then he tore the paper away and caught the thick scent that he loved.

Cat Nip.

His nerves cooled as he smiled at Karmo "Yessss," he hissed. The redcloak wanted to sink down on the floor but that wouldn't be fine at all right now.He leaned into Karmo "To the Cat room," he said.

The bird teen hoisted him up. The cat kicked his legs lazily as he sniffed the box more.

---------

Devin stretched out on the floor with the other cat redcloaks. The room smelled of cat nip and filled with chirps, purrs, and soft meows. All of the cats were attached by the soothing smell and now took up every surface in the special Cat room. There was a few others there too. Karmo was stroking Devin's head and scratching around his small ears.

All of the cats had taken to relax against the niloan since he was the one who had brought the cat nip in the first place. A cat was even giving him a tongue bath through the feathers along his arms. Devin didn't really mind the other cats right now but when the scent faded and they were back to their selves would be when he had a real issue.

All in all the cats seemed fine in the haze of cat nip. Oh yes, this was be the greatest Christmas gift. Of relaxation and happiness.