Cold and Cruel

Master Rahel was cold. For the master of ice that wasn't a surprise but when she ever saw or heard Tipu, she became cruel. Everybody had seen how the ice master got around him and heard the things she said. Tipu feared the master very much so. Always trying to get away from him but meetings never ended well.

Everyone could feel the tension in the room. The ice master was glaring daggers at the mind master.

Harus ignored this "As we are all aware, that some trouble has been happening off in Asder so Tipu, Callum, Verona, and Rialen will be going to Operue to investigate any strange occurrences happening there," he instructed.

The ice master smiled "Harus wouldn't it be best if Alister, Verona, Fern, and I go to Operue since its our homeland? We would know the magic and terrian better there," she suggested.

Harus shook his head "No, I trust that they can handle being together in Operue. Gallow will possibly be able to help them since they summoned the four totems," he countered.

Rahel rolled her eyes "Summoning a totem doesn't seem to increase your reasonable senses, after all a certain master of Mind only got his status because of the balance," she muttered but didn't try acting subtle about it

Harus raised an eyebrow "Repeat that for us please?" He said.

Rahel shrugged "Well I'm just saying, Tipu is only the mind master because of the balance law created by Nadie and Stone. If he had earned a little more intelligence from his familiar, The Totem Of Mind, then Master Naj wouldn't be dead and Master Ganh wouldn't have retired," the ice master said as her gaze locked on Tipu.

The mind looked down "I didn't mean to kill her," he whispered.

Rahel barked a laugh "Yet you did it anyway! You killed her you disgusting Angwu," she hissed.

Master Fanel straightened up "Oh so if he's disgusting then what am I?" He snapped.

The ice master waved "Nothing we knew your master's death was an accident, people tend to lost focus on magic," she replied.

The nature master's eyes changed from purple to glowing violet "Yet I still caused the death of my master, that obviously makes me a disgusting Angwu too," he hissed. His hands were pressed to the table top and the wood around them were rapidly rotting.

Jesper sprang up "It doesn't matter that's just the past, can we focus on the troubles in Asder?" He asked.

Rahel's gaze landed on him "What a thing to be coming from your mouth Jesper, I always knew you were a smart boy but it seems becoming an earth has filled your mind with dirt. Dating The boy who killed your mother and took your spot to be a mind sometimes gets like a tick behind your ears doesn't it?" She mocked.

Jesper's ears twitched "I was younger, I don't mean anything of what I said then," he countered.

Tipu was looking at him "What does that mean?" He asked.

The ice master smiled sickeningly "Jesper really didn't like you back when his mother was alive and a few days after her death he hated your guts. Said you were a disgrace to all of minds and when you didn't show up to the claimed ceremony-"

Jesper whirled to her "Shut Up!" He snapped.

"-He said that you should have been removed from the Mind Master and he would take hold of the spot until somebody with magic the same magic as a master was appointed," she finished.

Jesper looked to Tipu but the mind master wasn't there. He was being quickly ushered out of the room by Master Fanel. His large blue cloak blocking Tipu's face from everybody else. The door slammed shut when the two Angwi were gone.

Harus and Kaela looked at each other than at Master Rahel "Meeting postponed, we need to discuss something," Kaela said. The masters and apprentices exited the room.

As soon as they left, Rialen socked Rahel in the eye. Everyone was frozen in place "YOU BITCH! HOW DARE YOU TREAT OUR FRIEND LIKE THAT AND ACT AS IF YOU ARE RIGHT!" She shouted.

Jesper grabbed Rialen's wrist "Ri-"

She turned to face him "AND YOU! HE LOVES YOU WITH EVERY FIBER OF HIS BEING! DON'T BE A DICK ABOUT IT OKAY?" She snapped.

Jesper slowly backed off as Rialen stormed off, Master Nalguhn following after her and talking about Anger management lessons.

Master Rahel looking shocked still "That little-" Jesper punched her in the gut. He stormed off before anything could be said.

------------------

Jesper found Tipu and Fanel in a tranquility garden. Tipu was sobbing as he huddled closer to the older master. They were both in their Angwu forms. Tipu's horns had gotten larger and seemed to curl back like a ram's horns would.

The nature Angwu stroked the long dark brown hair that cascaded down Tipu's back "No, no, Tipu. He wouldn't ever do that to you, he loves you too much to hate you," Fanel soothed.

Tipu looked up as him with wet eyes "How do I know that? He's probably just begrudgingly goes along with whatever I do just to make fun of me behind my back," he said.

The mind master went back to sobbing again as Fanel patted him. Jesper didn't approach because he knew when Tipu was crying then that was the one time he didn't want to be seen by anybody unless he asked for them. The earth master did have an idea to prove to Tipu what Master Rahel said was wrong. That he really did love the mind master even after what happened when they were new apprentices and new masters was behind them.