The Poison of Magic

Magic was like poison. It hummed in everything. In everybody's veins like their blood. Tipu always hated the feeling of magic since the switch. He could feel it, lingering in everything around him as he walked. The way it flowed differently in people, objects, animals, plants, life.

Tipu knew that his magic was wrong. Ever since his switched he knew his magic was wrong. Wrong because he stole it, wrongs because he killed somebody for it, wrong because he had broken one of the master's laws for it.

It was poisoning him. The poison was different then regular poison, this one would slowly change him into a creature. He'd still be Tipu in his mind and heart but on the outside he wouldn't look like Tipu. He had seen what happened to a master who broke the big three laws.

Master Fanel, the Master of nature, had committed the same crime as Tipu but it was an accident. He had been born with a rare ability for nature users. Poison touch. A single touch could kill a full grown man. The Nature master looked eerie. His arms were black all the way up to his elbow and down to his finger tips as if he wore black gloves; his horns were tall and twisted; little purple cracks dragged themselves over Fanel's face, body, arms, and legs like he was made of broken stone; his scaela were black with purple irises and white pupils.

He had chosen to show off his Angwu form at all times but he also knew how to hide it.

-------------

Tipu stood before the Master now, in his new poisoned form. Fanel stared at the smaller Angwu. Tipu's horns were small and barely grown in with a thick tail swishing back and forth; his wings were crooked and bat like; he had deer legs, thin and long; his fangs didn't fit his mouth to well and two stuck out on top and two stuck out on the bottom. Very much different to Fanel's own Angwu form. Tipu looked panicked "Please just help me get rid of this," he begged.

Fanel hummed "Are you sure? This will take awhile to learn," he mused. The Nature master wasn't very fond with hiding things. He had grown up hiding his curse but now he shown it off as a warning like his familiar, Tikki the poison dart frog, had bright colors as a warning too.

Tipu nodded "Yes, I'm willing to learn," he replied. He watched Fanel close his eyes, seeing the hint of little cracks on his eyelids. He sighed and open his eyes again.

The Nature master touched Tipu's head lightly. Tipu would normally be scared of the gentle touch in fear of poison but they were both poisoned by magic thus being immune to any other Angwi like themselves. He ruffled Tipu's hair "Just as my master once said to me, let's learn control," he said. The two left for the study room.