School

WARNING: The following content may be triggering

It's been about three days since I came home from London. It has been hard because my mum moved. I got back and she had sent me a text to say that she had left and not to bother calling her. It was hard to get used to the fact that she was gone and that I now had no family living here.

My dad travelled here the same day I got back. He surprised me at the airport and him being here has made things slightly easier.

"Olivia?" Dad asked.

"Yes?" I asked as I turned around to see him standing at the bench, his palms resting on the cool stone.

"How is your mother? You haven't said a word about her since I arrived the other day" He said and I looked to the floor. I hadn't told dad about my situation with my mum yet, I didn't want to tell him. I don't know why, I just didn't. I could feel tears forming at the corners of my eyes as I turned around to continue with the salad I was currently making.

"She is.. Fine" I said as I tried to keep my tears back but it failed as my voice cracked while I spoke.

"Liv," He said. "What happened?"

"Her and John told me that I didn't matter, I would fail in life, Luke would leave me and that I wasn't apart of her family anymore. She moved away while I was in London, all she did was sent me a text to say that she was gone and not to bother her again!" I exclaimed as tears began to slip down my cheeks. Dad got up and made his way towards me. He wrapped his arms around me and I cried against his chest.

"I am so sorry about her" He said before kissing the top of my head.

"I don't know what I did to her to make her hate me" I cried.

"She doesn't hate you Olivia. I know that. She loves you more than anything" He told me and I shook my head as I looked up at him.

"She does ha-"

"She never told you, did she?" He asked and my eyebrows creased.

"Told me what?" I asked him as I took a few steps back.

"Your mother suffers from bipolar. She was diagnosed just after you were born, she was given pills and told to go to the doctor but she never did either so it got worse. Then, when we divorced she started to take the pills" He took a deep breath and looked at me. I looked at him with wide eyes. Bipolar disorder. My mum has a bipolar disorder.

"What?"

"Look, I know that she hit you a few times and she treated you like shit but that's what happens when you stop taking the pills. You mood goes from high to low very quickly and it can stay like that for a while" He informed me. "That is most likely the reason that she is acting this way towards you but I have no idea why that dick head husband of hers is telling you those things. He is probably changing what your mother thinks of you and I think it would be best if you stayed away from them" He said.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" I yelled at him. "Why couldn't you have told me before I moved with her?!"

"I'm sorry Olivia. I wanted to but I didn't know if it was okay for me to tell you. I know now that I should have told you and I am truly sorry" He said and I just shook my head before walking out of the room. I stormed down to my room and sat down on my bed. I put my head in my hands and took some deep breaths in attempt to calm down. I heard Jacksons bell and I looked up to see him running into the room. He jumped up on to the bed and jumped on me. I laughed as he began to lick me.

"Jackson, stop it!" I laughed as I pushed him away. He had gotten a bit bigger since we bought him. Instead of being this tiny puppy, he now comes up to just bellow my knee.