Photographs

January 2016

"Olivia, are you nearly ready to go?" Luke asked me. It is the beginning of 2016. New Years day was last week and Luke and I are stronger than ever.

"One sec Luke" I said with a smile as I walked out into the bedroom. Tonight Luke insisted on taking me out for dinner. He wouldn't tell me where or what we were doing. I slipped on my shoes as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I was wearing a pair of shorts that came up to about my mid thigh with a loose black singlet that had buttons up the middle and a nice collar

"You look beautiful" Luke said as he walked into the room. I smiled at him as I pressed my lips to his cheek.

"Thank you" I said. I grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket along with my wallet. I grabbed my Camera just in case and we made our way out to the car. Luke opened the door for my and I smiled at him before he ran around to his door.

"Can you give me a hint?" I questioned and he shook his head at me. He pulled out of the drive way and made his way towards the mystery location. After a while the beach came into view. "I didn't bring my swimmers" I said with a sigh and he shook his head.

"You won't need them" He told me. I looked out the window as the car stopped. He jumped out of the car before I could undo my seat belt. He opened my door and I smiled at him. He took my hand in his as he guided me towards the fish and chip shop. He ordered some chips for us and got a drink for each of us. He pulled me over to a table and sat down on top of it. I sat down next to him and he put the chips in front of us.

"Do you remember this beach?" He asked and I looked around quickly before realising where we were.

"Oh my god. This is the beach where you gave me that bracelet on my birthday" I said as I turned to him. He nodded as he smiled.

"I haven't been to this beach in ages" he said and I nodded.

"Same" I said as I grabbed a chip. We stayed on that table for ages. Just talking and eating. I pulled out my camera and took a few snaps of the ocean and then of Luke. He smiled brightly at the camera and I began to laugh when he pulled faces.

"How's your photography classes going?" he asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's alright"

"What's wrong?" He asked and I sighed.

"Uni sucks. I am learning nothing there and if I want to become a photographer then I don't want to be taking a class to get there. I want to be able to go out and explore the world with my camera not sit in a class room and have some old lady tell me how to do it"

"Then do that" Luke said with a smile.

"What?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Do that. Go out and explore the world. You can come on tour with me and the boys and do that. I am sure you could even get a job as our photographer if you like" he said and I crinkled my eyebrows as I though of the possibilities.

"Do you think you could talk to someone about it?" I asked and he nodded. I smiled at him and he leant forward to press his lips to mine.

"I love you" He whispered when I pulled away.

"I love you too" I said with a smile. It was beginning to get dark and the sky was a pretty mixture of yellow and pink. I jumped off the table and ran over to the railing that overlooked the beach. I pulled out my camera and took some photos. I felt Luke's arms around my waist and his head on top of my own. I turned around and he pulled back to look at me. He smiled as he grabbed my camera from around my neck.

He pointed it at me as he brought it up to his eyes.

"No Luke" I said as I covered my face.

"Please, we have hardly any photos of you" he said and I sighed. I smiled at him before he took the picture. He went over to the table and placed it there with the rest of our stuff.