VII.

When Stevie got home from squandering at the flea market---that was a few hours away, she set her bags of merchandise down and threw the car keys on the table, near the door. She was in a better mood, having been away from her husband most of the day. She didn't really go out a lot, but when she did she liked to shop. During the summer, there were lots of Farmer's markets so she would often find herself there. When she was mad at her husband she would leave for a little while, never having planned where she would go, but it ended in her buying more empty journals. She constantly stocked up on those so she wouldn't freak out everytime she hit the last page, in the middle of a sentence.

Stevie had started cleaning up around the house, trying to give herself something to do, to keep from going upstairs. She was still mad, but cooling down from their conversation. It was often when she and Rick would have an argument, but the last couple of months had been a total war. It was like they couldn't handle each other's differences. Stevie had always supported his "normality" and kept herself more shy from people because, she knew she was different. She knew she had to at least fake normal for him. Whatever normal meant to him because, to herself she was just a human with gifts from God. In other people's eyes---she was a devil worshiper, just because she carried such gifts. But some people failed to understand that God created them. God gave her, her gifts and that's what she always believed. She was thankful every day for them.

As she flowed through the kitchen, she was deciding on lunch. She was mad at her husband, but she knew she still had to feed him. "He can have a good ol' fashion sandwich," she mumbled to herself as she pulled the simple ingredients out of the fridge. "Because, he's being an unsupportive human and I--" She stopped and let out a small muffled moan of pain. She dropped the knife in her hand and leaned against the counter for a second.

Rick was starting to make his way down the stairs and to the kitchen to see what was going on. He realized his wife had to have gotten home at some point because, there were bags of new things sitting in the couches. He creased a brow to himself when he didn't hear any sound, anywhere. He looked outside and noticed the car in the driveway, so he then made his way to where he had planned. When he got to the kitchen island, he noticed a knife on the floor. Making his way around, he dropped to his knees---taking his wife in his arms. "Stephanie, wake up," he patted her face.

Stevie had fallen unconscious once again, but she was confused when she got up. She didn't have anything planned, so this time she was summoned.

"Hello?" she looked around the unfamiliar place. "What's going on…?" she lingered. "Trying to make a meal for my husband here, guys."

"Stephanie, you're in danger," the voice said.

"I am in danger, every day of my life. What could possibly be stopping me?" she put her hand on her hips. "And what is this place? it's different..." she looked around the room. It was white and foggy, but the aura was different. She was in a place other than the dream realm.

"Stephanie?" she could hear her husband's voice calling.

"See? I'm a little busy," she paused. "Why can't I get out?" she asked. "Look, blue eyes---can't you touch base with me a little, here?" she had become irritated.

"Stevie, something went wrong... this isn't the dream realm. What happened before you fainted?"

"What do you mean, something went wrong?"

"What happened?" his voice became deep and full of strength.

"Aye, okay," she flinched to the strength of his voice. "I felt a pain, then hit the ground, then I was here," she shrugged. "Do you smell that?" she asked.