X.

"Stephanie O'Connell?" the doctor took the clipboard from his assistant by his side---his eyes never looked up. He had barely gotten a glance. All he saw was her blonde tresses, vaguely and the bandage on her head.

"Yes, that's me," she responded calmly, but she was also alert as she sat on the bed. She knew with a wrong move, she was toast. Stevie took in the male by his side, first. He was young, scared---but used to what he did. He had dark features as the man next to him did. She knew the kid wasn't his, but a possible cousin or nephew. She wasn't sure, but she didn't want to over exert herself before the test. As for the man... his blue eyes were the eyes that she had seen since she was sixteen years old. His eyes had the same dynamic structure as the ones in her dreams. The voice had told her it would be an important day, was this why? she was finally able to see the face of a man she hadn't seen for twenty-five years.

The doctor slipped his coat on, even though he didn't like it. He prefered just the pants and tucked in shirt. He grasped the clipboard once again and looked at her name, almost recalling it. He looked up at her and took in her features this time. "Hi," he said softly---stepping forward to shake her hand.

"Hi," she said in the same tone. She could read a lot off of him a lot of sincerity and past---she just couldn't see it that well.

"I can take care of this, kiddo," Lindsey tapped the younger kid man by him. He wanted to do everything on his own. He already had things to ask---since he recognized her. She was the woman who had lost her son, a long time ago when her son was on the missing persons list. He recalled her crying when was driving by and she and her husband were in the drive way talking to a detective. "How are you?" he sat down on the bed next to her.

"Well, how should I feel?" she asked. She turned her head to look at him.

He looked up from the clipboard---wanting to see her face expression.

"My husband brought me here," she paused, looking at the ground. "He thinks, I'm crazy because I have interesting dreams," she looked up. "He's afraid."

"What happened to your head?"

"I fainted yesterday and cracked my head on the corner of my counter---in my kitchen," she answered truthfully.

"Why did you faint?"

"Just lack of food and sleep. I was restless the night before last and then in the morning I got into an argument with my husband and I left for a while. When I got back I decided we both should eat something and I fell out."

"What were you and your husband arguing about?"

"Our son."

Lindsey kind of lingered recalling theh had a son and they lost it. But he wondered what would the fight be. The questions he was askimg wasn't exactly on the paper, but more questions were the a swer to each thing that came next. She seemed to have a list of things and reasonings. "Stevie, do you feel like you are threat to anybody?" he asked. It was a question that was on the paper, but a question he felt the need to ask regardless. He didn't think a woman like her could go crazy. She seemed like a gentle soul---even in the line business he worked in, he could tell a difference and he knew.

"No, I don't," she shook her head. "I--" she stopped and looked at him, in his eyes. "How do you know my name?" she asked.

"Huh?" he asked.

"That's my nickname---I never told you it," she added.

"I just assumed... uh--" he became shy easily, scratching the back of his head.

"It's fine," she put her head back down, looking at the ground. She already knew what questions were going on paper and she was already expecting answers from the blue eyes in her dreams. "What else do you wanna know?" she turned her head a little more to face him.