VIII.

After Stevie had done her blood test and opted out of CT scan, she had gotten a ride home with one of the police officers. All she did was was tell them, she got into a fight with her spouse and he left her. She knew she told him to leave, but she needed a buyable story. She also explained how she hit her head and she was tired from the long day. In her case it had been a long night, morning, afternoon, and she was afraid for what was to come this evening. She just wanted to go to sleep at this point, but she couldn't since hitting her head. She was going to try and relax for a while.

Coming home, she opened the front door---dreading what was waiting for her between the four walls on the other side. She slipped her coat off, the one her husband had put on her before leaving, probably. She entered the kitchen to grab something to eat because, now she was hungry. When she stepped onto the tile floor, she was even more livid. All of the things that could have been put away were still out. "Really, Rick? you couldn't at least put this away?" she yelled, only because, she knew he was home. She walked over to the counter and started putting the food away, before it spoiled.

"I'm sorry," he said softly, his voice filling the kitchen.

She glanced up. "Sure you are," she started to get irritated and just threw everything out. She didn't want to deal with it. "Thanks for cleaning the blood of the floor, at least," she gave an unintentional smile. She leaned back on to the counter and her eyes started to fill with tears.

"What's the matter," he neared her, to comfort her.

"Don't touch me," she pushed his body away from her.

He didn't listen and went forward to hug her. He hated when they left on such bad terms even if he was still aggravated by her.

"Stop," she eventually melted into his arms. She didn't like that she did that because, she wanted to be so mad at him, like she knew she was.

"I'm sorry," he whispered in her hair.

"Why can't you just believe me?" she cried. "Why can't you believe, Solan is alive and he wants to be home with us? why are you so afraid to even try and let him in? all I want is my son, Rick."

"I know, baby---I'm sorry," he rubbed her back up and down.

She was actually starting fall into his arms because, she was feeling in love and the sensitivity within him once again. He would always seem to do that to her and it was an easy trap for him to set. Oh my God! she thought. Why does he do this to me? why? he always makes me fall for him. Even after such a big fight or horrible things being said, he can tap into the positive of me and-- "What the hell?" she shoved him away---clunching her thigh. "What the hell are you doing, Rick? what was that?" she asked.

"I'm sorry, Stevie," he shook his head, holding a syringe in his hand. He did his best to hide it, but her eyes were down, looking at her leg. It was easy to catch. His eyes were filling with tears himself.

"Huh?" she asked confused, but soon she was fainting again.

Rick caught her before she could fall and hit the ground. He had given her a sedative. He had, had it for a while and he thought, since the last weeks were just fine he wouldn't have to use it. But the business at the hospital and her continuing to go on about their son, was just too much for him. He knew she was going crazy and she needed help.

"Okay look, this wasn't by you or me," she said irritated. "I wasn't summoned and I didn't bring myself here. But my asshole husband just put me out. I don't know what his game is, but when I wake up, I will kill him!"

"Stevie, calm down," the blue eyes told her.

"How can I?" she yelled. "He clearly had it planned."