LXII.

Stevie had just gotten home and as she was getting off the car---Lindsey pulled up behind her.

She waved gently---giving a small smile. She shut the car door and waited for him.

Lindsey, soon got off as well and made his way to her. "How are you?" he tucked her under his arm and kissed the side of her head.

"Nothing much," she assured. "I feel a little more light-hearted than before." Stevie then opened the door and dropped her keys in her coat pocket before trying to get it off because, it was easy for her to forget them. It was fall time---not terribly cold, but chilly so it was thin. She had a fear of getting sick at the moment because she was so near to birth. She didn't want to risk anything.

"That's good, why is that?" he asked as he helped her get her coat off and then took his own off. He just tossed his keys on the table.

"Talia and I talked for a long time and we started to tell each other what has gone on over the years," she plopped on the couch.

Lindsey followed in the same actions, only next to her.

"I guess keeping the past in Colorado wasn't exactly the thing to do. It doesn't seem that possible, but we tried. I think that was honestly the time I have to tell that story. Nobody needs to know, y'know. People are just busy bodies," she rolled her eyes.

He chuckled.

"How is everything at work?" she asked.

"Good," he assured. "Just a lot of patients---" he rubbed his face through a yawn. He had been stuck in his paper work most of the time. "I may need to go back to Colorado to see some patients."

"Oh, that sucks..." she curled her lips. "What am I supposed to do without you?" she asked. She felt almost helpless without him.

"It'll only be for one day, if I go. Long enough to see a few patients and then come back. I don't want to stay night after night."

"Oh, then I think we could both manage fine."

"I think we could. But I am not leaving any time soon. I want to be here for you for when the baby comes. I also don't want to leave right after."

"Maybe you should go tomorrow or the day after... That way you'll be here in time and then you don't have to make your patients wait."

"Yeah, but what if you go in to labor, tomorrow?"

"Why would I go into labor? I know when this kid is coming out. I think I can hold out for two days. I've not had one sign of an early pregnancy. I could feel them being born on Halloween."

"Oh... but what if--"

"But nothing, don't freak me out right now either. Those things," she pointed, "keep that in your head and out of mine."

"You could read my mind anyway---" he mentioned.

"I try not to go in there," she waved it off. "If I do, I find more stress. You've been working so hard," she complained. "Plus, you told me not to do that, anyway."

He held a slight distorted smirk. "When did I say that?" he asked.

"You did, in the dream realm," she explained. "The blue eyes..."

"The conversation I had with the blue eyes---it was like talking to a whole other person, not myself---" he mentioned. It really was though, he never understood how that could be if it was himself anyway.

"The blue eyes are your 'higher self'," she air quoted. "For instance; when I inuit things, I am getting the information from the piece of my soul that is in higher places. It's like part of me lives in the astral projection plane."