XXVI.

"Okay, I just called the other facility and I talked to the doctor there---a colleague of mine. He said, he would be happy to help. He is aware of all that Warner has done. Theoretically," he shrugged.

"Good---I will be sure to thank him as well. What is his name?" she smiled.

"Doctor Leonard," he assured. "He studied the same stuff I did."

"So he must be very good?" she lingered.

"Yeah, a very good doctor. Alright, next thing---" he clapped and rubbed his hands together. "Your things, we have to stash it and hide it somewhere. Any ideas?"

She curled her lips and shook her head. "I told you, I don't have very many friends."

"Okay, well---that we can sort out. I can't have your stuff here, right now. I am sure I can find someone to put your bag away. It's only the one suitcase, so it shouldn't be an issue. I have an idea," he went for his phone in that moment of thinking.

Stevie kind of shrugged as she watched him. She was was sitting comfortably in the middle of the bed, while she watched him pace around before. She couldn't help but love his always thinking mind. It was much like hers and very therapeutic to watch somebody like her.

"Hello, Jeff?" Lindsey had dialed his older brother on the phone.

"What's up, man?" his brother's voice answered, a smile on his face.

"I need you to do me a favor. I have a bag of friend's and I need it to be out of my house, for now."

"Uh, okay... there's like, no drugs right?" his brother grew curious.

"No... no," Lindsey laughed. "She's a person, I am trying to keep safe from Warner."

"Oh, I understand---that guy is a nut job. When shall I expect you?" he asked, with more positivity in his tone.

"Some time tomorrow, I'll call you," Lindsey assured.

"Alright. Later, man."

"Bye," Lindsey set the phone on the hook.

"He seemed willing," Stevie mentioned.

"Yeah, he's had to meet Warner. He gets the issue. Alright, so the outfit you were wearing today, needs to be stowed away by the doctors. Tomorrow, I am going to pick you up, a facility attires. And we can drop you tomorrow."

"So does that mean, I don't get to see you?" she asked.

"Um, I don't know..." he paused---sitting on the edge of the bed, to be closer. "I won't be able to come by, 'til I have to get you. But I'll be checking on you through the doctors," he assured.

"Do you know when you're going to get me?" she asked---like a child, who would be waiting for her parents to come back from a trip. She was a little frightened to be without Lindsey.

"I don't know, but we'll see---hopefully soon."

She crawled forward a bit to hug him, letting her head fall on his chest as she fell flat on her knees toward him and wrapped her arms around him.

He gladly wrapped his arms around her and held her firmly around the middle. His chin rested on her head lightly, where he kissed the top of it, mindlessly.

She pulled back, to see his face and suddenly, she locked lips with him.

Pretty soon, his hand slid around her neck and he pulled her in a little to deepen their kiss, furthermore---tangling his fingers in her hair.

Stevie pulled away first, catching her breath.

"I'm sorry," he whispered to her.

"No," she leaned forward again, to capture his lips again. Only this time, she pushed him into the bed gently, so she could have all control. She knew exactly what she was doing---it wasn't lost on her that she felt for him from the very beginning. She loved him a lot, actually and she didn't care that she was still married to Rick. She knew their relationship had ended the day, their son went missing.