LXIV.

After the long and strenuous conversation Talia and Stevie had, had---Stevie was now coming home. She talked to some of the girls briefly, answering questions mostly. As she pulled into her driveway, she put the car in park and stopped what she was doing. It was night time already so everything seemed so quiet.

"Mm..." she put her hand on her stomach---feeling a terrible pressure on her lower abdomen. She let out a few breaths---hoping it would subside in the next few minutes in which it did, but it came back. "Oh, God..." she complained in a mumble again. She kind of bit her bottom lip. She then put the car in reverse and backed out of the driveway. She was now on her way to the hospital. She just didn't want to take chances.

...

"Miss Nicks, I don't see anything wrong. You've not dialated at all and it's just the case of the Braxton Hicks," a female doctor reported to her.

"You're sure? Everything is good and it wasn't a contraction because that was pretty painful," she mentioned.

"Yes, we're positive," the woman laughed. "I think you're fine and in excellent health. I think you should just relax and take the rest of the week off."

"Alright, I shall see you on Halloween," Stevie picked her purse up and stood to meet the doorknob. She was then going to go about her night.

"Halloween," the doctor mumbled to herself. It was pretty accurate to know.

When Stevie got home again, she looked at the clock and realized she forgot to pick Lindsey up from the airport.

"Damn it!" she said harshly to herself. She then pulled out of the driveway again and made her way to the airport. Every time she went to go home something happened and she just wanted to rest at this point.

...

Getting to the airport, Lindsey was talking on the cell phone and waiting, while Alex twiddled his thumbs.

When he saw the car, he stood up and was actually relieved. He pulled open the passenger back door and put his brief case in the back and allowed his nephew seating. "I'm so happy you're okay; I called the houses and you didn't answer. Talia told me you went home so I called again and then it was getting late."

"I'm so sorry, babies---" she started off. She turned to face Alex in the back seat. "I was going home to rest and then come and get you. But I ended up going to the hospital and then I--"

"Why did you go to the hospital?" Lindsey cut her off. He was still standing on the cement outside the car. That was the only important thing to hin at the moment. He was relieved she was okay but now he feared something else happened.

"I thought I was having contractions. I wasn't by the way. Just Braxton Hicks," she mentioned. "Switch with me---I'm tired of driving," she pulled her seatbelt off.

Lindsey obeyed and did as asked. He was soon in the driver's side and she was pulling her seatbelt on in the passenger side.

"What exactly is or are Braxton Hicks?" Alex asked. He wasn't at all educated in the doctor department.

"It is basically a false alarm pain. Feels like you are going into labor, but you're not. I went to the hospital and they said I had not yet dilated. So we're good, nothing happened---you didn't miss anything," she assured Lindsey, by rubbing his arm.

"Well, I am glad I am home now," Lindsey nearly rolled his eyes. He was back to his what ifs in that moment of time. What if she would have had the baby and he wasn't there for her? What of he got stuck in Colorado due to the storm and she went into labor the next day? He was freaking out needless to say.