LII.

The next few days came along quickly. This morning, Lindsey went to work and Stevie got up in the late morning. When she got downstairs to the kitchen, she put a kettle of water on the stove. She wanted to wake up and try to take in the morning.

When the kettle started singing, she put her packet of tea in it and poured the steaming water in the mug. After doing so, she grabbed the telephone and small notepad which held the important numbers she had jotted down. She headed for the dining room to seat herself---now ready to schedule her appointment to see her husband for the first time in weeks. She didn't want to, but she still felt the need to.

"Colorado Corrections---how can I help?" the woman on the other line said. She didn't sound too happy to be there, but then again... who really would? She seemed to have a monotone voice and it seemed like her day was on loop.

"Hi, this is Stephanie O'Connell---my husband Richard O'Connell was granted visitation and I would like to book an appointment," she stated. She knew her voice wasn't very pleasing either, but she didn't care.

"What time would fit your day?" the female asked.

"Whatever is open---doesn't matter," she assured. She really had nothing to do and if anything she would go work at the metaphysical shop for a while.

"How about two o'clock this afternoon?"

"That's perfect. ---" Stevie replied.

"Alright, when you come---I strongly recommend you leave your purse in the car or something or with somebody. They are going to want to check you, so I also recommend no jewelry. You'll be able to talk to your husband longer and it will be smoother."

"Sounds good, thank you."

"No problem, have a nice day."

"Thank you, you too---" she hung up the phone. "That was painless..." she mumbled to herself.

After finishing her tea, she went upstairs and started to get herself ready to start her day. She didn't really have much to do, but she wanted to beat traffic and just make everything come and go. She would also be prepared if she ran into anybody and, or if she and Lindsey decided to go somewhere.

...

Getting to the prison, it was a big long thing, just getting parking and going about her business. There were cops all over, most acted as security and she just wanted to get in and out of the place.

Like she was asked of, she took all of her jewelry off; which was mostly rings, she kept her purse in the car. She was a little paranoid, so she put it in the back seat and hoped for the best. Her windows were tinted, she tried to stress less. The only thing she brought with her was her car keys.

Making her way through the glass doors, she asked for where she was to go by some people and she did as was directed. Doing so, she eventually got to her destination and pretty soon she was talking to a receptionist at a desk and she told her to wait for the police to bring him out.

When they did, he wasn't cuffed or anything, but he had a guard escorting him. Stevie could tell by the look on his face---he was out of it.

"Hey?" he walked in and he looked really tore up. He mostly looked tired.

"Hi," she sat down in the chair across from him.

"I'm glad you could make it," he told her.

"I don't have anything that important to do," she kind of shrugged. That was probably TMI, but she didn't care.

"I still appreciate it... you look beautiful," he felt the need to mention. He could see the glowiness to her skin, so he knew she was pragnant. The last time he saw that particular glow, she was pregnant with Solan. He wasn't going to mention it at all because, he knew she was obviously happy about it. He didn't want to rain on her parade.