LXIX.

In late December, Stevie and Lindsey would head out to Colorado with baby Eve. They were going during the holidays and even Christopher and Lori would join with their daughter. They would stay with Jess and Barbara like they did. It was very rare for them to come out, so Stevie's parents were excited to have their other children over. Stevie and Lindsey would just stay in their home. Eve was almost two months old and going to stay with her grandparents. Lori would definitely be of help, she knew the alone time was something her sister in-law needed with her spouse.

Stevie and Lindsey were going to see Solan's grave. Stevie wanted to put some daisies down. It was the flower he handed her the day he had gone missing. She felt it was right to put those ones down. It had already been a year he was dead and Stevie couldn't really believe it. She had seen him quite a bit in the dream realm, but it wasn't the same.

Most of the time that they were at the cemetery, Stevie stayed wrapped in Lindsey's arms as snow fell around them. They were bundled well enough, but it was more or less the comfort Stevie was seeking. She felt better, having Lindsey with her. He made everything better than it was.

"Let's go home, baby---" he kissed her jawline and started guiding her.

She nodded and followed.
She knew moving forward was the best thing.

They made their way to the car and Lindsey put the heater on immediately.

"Wow, the little time in Colorado, I am already new to this weather again," she mentioned.

He chuckled lightly. He was used to going back forth, but standing in the snow for an ex amount of minutes wasn't ideal.

"Honey, we have to go that way," Stevie stated out of their silence. She noticed he was just heading home, and they needed to get the baby from her parents'.

"No, we're okay. Lori and your parents are going to take care of Eve tonight. They wanted you to have time to yourself---they know this day is important to you," he explained.

She kind of smiled almost feeling a little relieved. She loved her baby so much and so dearly, but she needed a small break. She was tired and today she felt a little broken. Not as bad as she was the last year, but she could put herself in her shoes from the year before. She hated it, but she couldn't control that---that was one feeling that was hard to control. Memories were hard to forget.

Lindsey put his warm hand over hers and gently squeezed it.

She in turn locked her fingers with his. She was so grateful to have him.

Getting home, he pushed open the door and guided her through the foyer. He would then lead the way to the kitchen---it was where they typically moved to once making it home.

"What's all this?" she kind of smirked as she sat down in the seat he pulled for her. She entered the kitchen to a full candlelit dinner. It was beautiful and very romantic.

"I know this is a hard time for you," he poured her a glass of wine. "I wanted for you to feel better on this day. A lot of things have happened---this day is for you. You said, you don't feel important, but you are and I want you to feel that."

Stevie was just smiling at him, trying not to giggle. His gestures were always adorable to her and she knew he was trying his hardest.

"Plus, we didn't really get a honeymoon and I would love to y'know..." he laughed.

"Hopeless romantic," she teased and leaned over to kiss his lips.

He chuckled through their small kiss.

They then went on with their meal and they talked most of the time; enjoying their night alone. They hadn't really talked in depth like they would. It was really a bubble for them to open to one another and take time and plan other things. They had been tightly reeled for the last couple weeks and they had no time for anything. It was between them taking care of Eve and Lindsey was doing a lot with Alex.