XL.

"Why would she lie?" Lindsey pressed his hand to the small of her back.

Stevie was just as thrown as Warner---she wasn't really expecting him. She had read his mind briefly, but she didn't think he would hear nor get there so fast. She was a tad confused.

"Buckingham..." Warner dropped his sly-evil smile and looked back and forth.

"Yes?" the younger man responded. Irritability was written on his face, but his tone was neutral.

"I was um, I was..."

"Being a pain in my ass, that's what," Lindsey assured. "Why are you here?"

"How did you know I was here?" Stevie asked him. She knew she shouldn't have, but she needed to know. A lot of things at the moment were going kind of fast. She was starting to read his mind again.

I am confused... Warner thought. I saw her get off the car and she was alone.

"We'll talk later," Lindsey stated out of his silence. "You have no business here, not at all. Leave," he started pushing Stevie gently forward.

Stevie could still hear his really violent and weird thoughts shooting through her head as the man was walking away.

"Are you okay?" Lindsey asked in full concern as soon as the old man left.

"Yeah..." she kind of huffed out. "Yeah, I think so---I am just really confused. How did you get here so fast?"

"What do you mean?" he asked, following her.

"He was here and right after he accused me of lying; which, I thought I was---but you walked right over. I dunno how you did that. It was like you appeared out of no where," she explained her experience briefly as she tried to examine the situation.

"I dunno, I was coming this way and I saw your car---I figured it was Rick and he was going to be... I guess shopping for you. I was going to try and catch him off guard," he then explained his point of view.

"Oh..." she was still thinking of everything. It all fell as if it was plan, not to mention a perfect one if it had have been planned. "God!" she harshly whispered. She pressed her fingers to her temples.

"All right?" he asked.

"His thoughts are so strong, they hurt because, they are so evil."

"Sounds about right," Lindsey rolled his eyes in a joking matter. "Also, I was coming to see if we were going to do your thingy... and I was going to tell you I dropped his blood samples at the lab."

"Good, hopefully we can see what is happening with him," she assured.

"Yeah..." he paused. "Anyway, are you going to need to come over?" he asked again.

"Um... I dunno," she paused---a slight distortion to her features.

"What's the matter?" he questioned her quietness. She was always babbling on and, or upset, but right now she seemed so lost.

"I don't know..." she kind of stared into space and paused, biting on her bottom lip. "I can't feel---" she put a hand on her heart. "I feel like my heart has been ripped out and my chest is weighed by chains," she described.

"I'm sorry... Is there anything I can do?" he asked.

She shook her head. "I just have to suffer with it for now. It doesn't go away---" she assured. "It's always going to be there, it just fades."

Lindsey was watching her sink into depression---he knew it was just over the passing week. He had recalled her having a heavy heart when she went to the hospital and then coming out, it was even worse since she was tense about going home with Rick. He was thinking; being with Rick only made it worse.