XV.

Later in the evening, before he was to leave, Lindsey stopped by to see Stevie. He had known there was issue sometime after he'd gone from her, although he didn't become aware of it till later, when he was finished with all of his patients. Maggie was the one who let him know there was an incident.

"Stevie..." he held her name for a long period of time. It was a disappointed hum.

She curled her lips to one side, knowing that tone. It was a tone her father would use with her a lot, if she got in trouble. "What did I do?" she asked. She wasn't exactly sure what she did, but she had an idea and also an explanation.

"You hit him?" he sat on the chair that was across from her.

"I barely slapped him," she argued. "It wasn't that hard---my hand didn't sting or anything."

Lindsey closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Look, he brought up our son and that really pissed me off. There was no reason for that because, all he does is tell me, 'our son is dead! our son is dead!' so what is it exactly is he trying to say now? I mean, come on, man," she huffed in irritation.

"You hit him for talking of your son?"

"Yes," she said calmly with a prominent nod. "Only because, I asked for a divorce."

"You asked for a divorce?" he lingered once again.

"Well, he abandoned me three, almost four days ago and he hasn't even tried to call me," tears started filling her eyes. "He just doesn't love me and it only hurts because, I gave him my life. I let him be the one who was in control. He didn't even feel anything than a little sympathy, when Solan went missing. My son is still out there and I know it, Lindsey," she became abrupt. "I know my son is alive and I can feel it," she added.

"Stevie, please calm down," Lindsey put his hand on her shoulder to try and calm her.

"Do you believe me?" she asked.

"Stevie, I don't know..." he sighed a little.

"What do you mean?" she asked. "I thought you believed I wasn't crazy..."

"And I don't think you are, I just-- how would we prove he was alive? seven years, Stevie..."

"I know, it's a while. But everything was chronicled in my journals. From the day we found out he died to now. We just have to figure out the rising sun and moon of the time, when it happened. It's long and strenuous, but I can do it," she assured. "I have a hell of a lot of time here," she added with an eye roll.

"Okay," he nodded.

"Really?"

"Stevie, if you can do it and prove it, then you could be released. This situation is something that will be used against you. Anyway, the video of you slapping Rick was on film. Your husband is sly and he will do anything to keep you in here."

"Well, I told him not to come back. I don't fear that he will listen because, he is mad. I know he is---I know my husband. But look, I just need some time. However I was serious about filing for divorce. I can't stay married to him," she shook her head.

"I understand, Stevie. Listen, I have to go---I will you see you in the morning. We can talk about the divorce and all this jazz. Please, don't do anything. Don't leave because, that will be bad. I know that will give you pain," he stood up to let himself out.

"Thanks..." she bit her bottom lip.

"Mhmm---good night, Stevie," he said kind of lazily as he walked out the door.