XX.

Lindsey made his way over to Stevie, once Rick had disappeared to the downstairs portion of the building. He had shut the door before going, so that was Lindsey's opportunity, to help Stevie.

He pushed the door gently and squeezed in so the door wouldn't creek. As he neared Stevie, he had a thought to mess with the other doctor's mind. He swiped her bangs off of her forehead and stared at her porcelain face. Her eyes had finally stopped twitching and she sas just in a heavy sleep. "I'll be right back," he whispered---kissing her forehead.

He made his way, quietly down the hall and to the bottom floor, where Stevie had been stationed, the last two weeks. There, he cleaned up the glass and got rid of the flowers. He was quiet about it---he wanted Warner to get scared since there were no nurses at all.

By the time Lindsey had gotten there, Warner had sent everybody home and assured he would take care of the situation.

Lindsey got Stevie's room nice and clean, then headed back to get her. He didn't know how he was going to do it. He had hoped she was so asleep, that she wouldn't feel the pain lingering in the hallways.

When he entered, he looked at her lovingly again. He kind of shook his head at the same time---he was disappointed that he wasn't there on time, to stop them from hurting her. He decided not to wake her and he didn't want the gurney making noise as it rolled down the hall---so he lifted her into his arms.

Getting to her room, he paused a moment. He was trying to think if he wanted to put her somewhere else, for the time being. It was clear that nobody knew he was there, so what if she disappeared and then came back a while? doing what his thoughts felt like doing, he ended up taking her to his car. He laid her down in the backseat and made his way to the front do drive.

When he pulled into the driveway, he kind of jerked her on accident. He, quickly looked over to see her and stopped a moment. He was just praying what he was doing was right for her sake. He knew she was in danger and he had an idea that she knew as well, but he was still questioning. He, soon got out of the car to get her from the back. Before he did that, he unlocked his front door, so he wouldn't have to struggle. Coming back to grab her, he opened the backseat door and pulled her gently, to carry her. He then made his way through the foyer and up the stairs, he carried her to the bed in his room. Right after he shut and locked his car and did the same with the front door. When he got back upstairs, he sat down in his armchair and watched her briefly. "What are you dreaming about?" he asked himself in a whisper. She looked so comfortable and he just wanted to hug her. The poor woman had been through so much and she had a shit husband. He felt guilty.

"My whole everything hurts!" she complained to the blue eyes.

"Stevie, you're somewhat safe now," he responded.

"Well, that's just wonderful!" she rolled her eyes. "I want to find my son, but instead I get shocked into a coma. Where even is my body?"

"Safe for the time being," he assured once more.

"That doesn't tell me anything. By the way, when I wake up---I am getting a divorce," she huffed.

"Okay."

"Where have you been all these weeks, dude?" she put her hands on her hips. "I slipped into the hands of that monster; let's see... one, two, three," she counted on her fingers. "Three times! and all those times Lindsey saved me. The first night; I went back in time to see my life and he almost shocked me then, but Lindsey saved me. The second time; he was almost my doctor, but Lindsey sacrificed his position to keep me in his role. Then tonight; the fuckwit shocked me for real."