XIII.

"Why do you know so much about my son's disappearance?" Stevie asked.

"What are you talking about?" Lindsey creased a brow.

"You saw his astral projection, no more than a year ago. How?"

"I don't know..." he shrugged.

"You know what astral projection is, but you don't know?" she asked. "You know I can give you a reading and find out myself? I suggest you spill before you see my bad side."

"I know what that is---it's like your soul leaves its shell, right?"

"Mm," she nodded.

"I don't know how I did that," he confirmed honestly. "I didn't even know I did that."

"Let me see your eyes," she sat up from laying down---tossing her legs over the edge. She ushered him downwards.

"Why?" he kneeled down in front of her.

"Be quiet..." she said softly. She looked into his eyes, looking at all of the structure within. "You're an honest human---I like that," she kind of smirked, shrugging her brow and shoulder slightly.

He rose his brows and let off a handsome smile.

"You know more than you think..." she let his hands go. "More than you would like. That's why it was so easy for you to believe me. We are from the same seed."

"How do you know that?"

"Your eyes..."

"Mine?" he laughed---standing up. "Why my eyes?"

"They're eyes I have been seeing since I was sixteen. I could only ever see the eyes and hear the voice. The voice is a male's voice, but monotone and deep. You know if you watch a religious movie, the voice playing God is super deep and powerful?"

He nodded.

"That's how it sounds," she assured. "By the way I am not schizo," she was sure to add---putting her hand up to let him know she was serious. She was revealing a lot---feeling comfortable enough with him.

"I get it. You're like an embodied element."

Hmm, she thought. Never heard it, put that way before. "Sure..."

"You know, you're very blunt for a witch."

"I'm not a witch, but I am different. If I said witch, I'd be stuck here longer. Rick said I was a witch, that's how I got here in the first place."

"Fine, you're a different kind of woman," he said---throwing his arms out, inviting the idea. "Though, I did not meet your husband. I heard him for the first time earlier tonight, when I called him."

"You never met him?" she creased a brow.

"No," he shook his head.

"He drugged me and I woke up here. I met Maggie and she's been really nice to me. We got off on the wrong foot at first, but..." she shrugged.

"She's one of my nurses."

"Yeah, she's really sweet."

"She is," he agreed.

"She's also very young. This energy is not good for her."

"It's not good for any of us," he assured.

"Why are you here, Lindsey?" she paused. "If this is such a horrible environment, why stay?"

"Why do you stay with Rick if he hurts you and doesn't allow you to breathe?" he easily asked to compare.