LXV.

"Hey, you," Lindsey's voice filled her room. He was exasperated and a little out of breath.

"Hi," she shrugged with a smile. "How are you feeling?" she rubbed his chest. She knew he was nervous, already tired and she wanted to make sure he was ready. Even though, realistically it was her who needed to he ready for the pain she would have to endure.

"I'm excited," he kind of chuckled nervously. He was really shocked to get the call that she was finally in actual labor. "It's amazing," he mentioned.

"Yeah... I thought I was going to get to go home and have a good nights rest," she laughed as she let her head fall to the side. She was already tucked comfortably in the hospital bed.

"You should try to rest---I have to call everyone," he mentioned.

"Um, I think you should tell them, but don't let them come here," she pulled on his shirt to keep him from moving. "I don't want everybody staying here---I feel bad and I dunno when the baby wants to actually come out. So keep them home and together."

"Of course, what ever you want---" he kissed her head and parted ways for the moment. He wanted to let everybody at the manner know his girl was having the baby finally.

After he departed the room, she did her best to get comfortable and at least try and rest. She wanted to have strength for later. Her next task would be the hardest thing to do in the world. But it was totally worth it.

Back at home, everybody was totally thrilled for the baby to come. They all knew they were going to be special and strong.

Lindsey stayed in the room, keeping Stevie company as she woke up and was in and out of sleep. He was taking any information from the doctor as they came and gone. By midnight, the next morning, she had dilated to seven. She started out slow and then it picked up a little. From two to seven, it took a couple hours. But they weren't going to induce labor with Stevie. Her whole pregnancy had gone perfect in every way, so they were waiting for her naturally. And Stevie wouldn't have had it any other way.

Stevie had woken up when she was dilated to nine and she was able to drink some water and prepare herself for what was to come. She was even happier when she realized it was Halloween. Her baby was being born the next day then yesterday. It made her so happy to know she had been very accurate. She had been writing strenuously in her journal about everything, regarding her feelings and thoughts. It seemed to be the only way she could get emotion out. It was hard since she was so nervous and excited---as Lindsey was.

...

"Oh my God!" she threw her head back into the pillows. She could feel pain after her water broke. The feeling of her baby just ready to fall out, but at the same time taking force. It was the most painful thing in the world and she wanted to die for a moment.

In the middle of the coaching and nurses talking, doctors talking to Lindsey and both the doctor and Lindsey telling her she could do it---she wanted to scream. She wanted to gather the strength by herself and just do it gracefully on her own. But it was not happening that way.

When the sound of a violent scream filled the room, Stevie stopped all she had been doing. She let go of Lindsey's hand and she stopped stabbing him with her nails. She felt so much relief when she heard the baby, knowing she was going to live and the baby was out. She was more than tired.

Lindsey couldn't stop kissing her head and hugging Stevie, praising her. He was so happy and in his own world of bubbly feelings. He was a big ball of love and nothing could really put him in a bad mood. His baby was finally born.

Stevie was really out of it and almost not experiencing what was going on.

Opening her eyes, she looked around and saw that she was in the dream realm. A place she had avoided for months. She hadn't gone in since finding out she was pregnant and getting that mental message, the blue eyes stopped summoning her. They understood she was giving up the life she knew for a minute. She was just like her old self. The black dress was on her---her body was thin and toned like she had been. She was something of the same, but she felt a difference.