XLVII.

After Lindsey had spoken to the detective and he let off his view of what happened, they met back on the main floor where the people were still checking out the place. Lindsey explained a lot about Warner and he even showed him the area he used. He also told them about the cave underneath the facility which was where Solan was tortured. Those two places would be blocked off and the people did their best not to disturb patients. The facility held too many people to transfer over to another hospital or institution, so the professionals worked around it. It made it easier that Warner's office was on the highest floor.

"Stevie, you have to talk about what happened---I know you don't want to, but you have to explain," Lindsey whispered to her.

"I know..." she paused. "Everything we seen---I wish it was all physical evidence. I can't just go off what I seen to say. Then I will be stuck here again... by law," she added.

He did his best not to laugh. "They have Warner's computer---documents and full access to the cave down below and to his office."

"It isn't even worth it," she complained in a leering fashion. "He fucking killed himself. The only justice is Rick turning himself in. He could get himself out of there, but he wants to stay there. I already know him---he knew that was wrong. He knows everything. I have a bad feeling..." she concluded.

"Stevie, I understand that you are stressed about what happened, but in order to move passed this, we have to work. Okay?" he pulled her into his arms and she stayed content there for a moment.

"Okay," she grumbled.

"Good," he kind of chuckled as he rubbed her back up and down.

"Let me just get it over with---" she walked passed him, letting her hand slide out of his softly.

She then neared the detective and tapped his shoulder from behind to get his attention.

"Hi, missus O'Connell---what can I do?" he turned and looked over at her.

"I'm ready for my questioning. I also had a question..." she lingered.

"Certainly," he grinned---happy that she was finally willing to do as asked. He guided her out of the facility doors---walking on the public street.

"First thing..." she paused. "Do you remember me?" she asked him---feeling a tad unwell from the cold weather.

He looked at her name on the paper and back at her. "Of course---your son was on the missing persons list," he mentioned.

"Right," she nodded. "You told me you couldn't find him..."

"We didn't---he was murdered. I am very sorry for the loss of this child."

"My son was not murdered," she claimed. "And this isn't a different child."

He looked over at her---nervous by what she was saying. It wasn't that he was scared but he was a little confused. "I'm not following."

"Seven years ago, you told me; you couldn't find my son." She was trying to calm the rage feeling she had. "You told my husband and I, that our son was dead. You said; he was most likely not alive, but you were absolutely wrong."

The detective and Stevie came to a stop---just so he could hear her well.

"My son died; Solan---he died last night. That is the boy you couldn't find all of those years ago. That is the boy that died last night. He was heavily medicated by that sick fuck, Warner," her voice raised as she continued. "And you know what else? My husband is the one who is in jail. He was the one to conjure up this idea of kidnapping our son---but you couldn't find him. He wanted our son out of the way for his own selfish needs. He was accomplices with that doctor; they put him in a damned cave. But you couldn't find him," she stated again.