XXXVI.

"We aren't taking him out of here, are we?" Warner asked.

"I just said, I may have to take him with me," Rick sneered. "I need him to be home now. Stevie can sense there was a child. I told her, he was dead, but..." he shook his head. "She's still really smart---she knew how to cook, she knew that Solan's name was Gaelic and I think she is still able to recall past things."

"What do you mean?" Warner became concerned.

"She was afraid of you when I mentioned your name. She said you hurt her---y'know, the shock?"

"That's crazy," he rolled his eyes. "She's playing you, dumb fuck. She can recall things even with a shock---she is the same as Lindsey. She was never shocked at the hospital, then."

"Why do you say that?"

"When a person gets shocked, you wipe out everything about them. I couldn't wipe out Lindsey when he was a kid. He and Stevie have that same strength over others. She wouldn't get scared if she saw me or heard of me."

"You are fucking nuts, dude. Stevie can't even write properly. She doesn't talk and she asked me if we had kids. She doesn't know anything. My wife is not playing shit," Rick had become upset by all of the older man's accusations. He believed his wife had loads wrong with her.

"I'm just saying watch your back," the older man said. "I don't want to see you fall."

"Why? Because, if I do---you do?"

"That and you have the most prized possession."

"Right, and I am going to take my son home. Stevie can get to know him as a long lost son slash new son. Solan knows to be good and we will work that out. I am going to take him to the hospital."

Warner started to get agitated, thinking of the little boy leaving him. He didn't want to lose the child. "Is your wife going to believe you? After all---this is all a little strange sounding to me."

"Well, you can get over it---he's coming home," Rick rolled his eyes.

"Do as you will. If it goes to shit---don't come crying to me," the older man said.

As Rick was turning, he stopped. He took in what the older man had said. Who does he think he is? He's the one with the criminal record. I could turn him in at any time. He has no evidence on me.

"You're not going to be successful, Richard," Warner's deep voice cleared right after.

"And how would you know that?" Rick turned around.

"I don't, it just doesn't seem safe. With my standards---I think I know a thing or two. Just intuition."

"Well, it can fuck off. I need to be with my wife and she needs her son," he stopped. "Why do you feel that it's wrong?"

Warner was a little side swiped. There it was again---Rick's behavior was turning again. It was back and forth and it was visiable to him at this moment. "Rick, I think we need to try something different," he neared the younger man, slowly.

"No," he shook his head. "I don't want to---Stephanie is gonna be mad at me."

"She is going to be mad at you, if you come home an emotional wreck. We need to get you moods and thoughts under control."

Rick huffed lightly and started nodding. "Okay," he had tears in his eyes as he looked at his sleeping son. He didn't know what he was doing. He had felt like something was taking over his body and he had no control of his emotions. He started to come forward---following Warner for help.