XIX.

Stevie was trying to get Rick to wake up herself. Normally if she had things around her she could make do---but there was absolutely nothing. She pulled open the metal door and screamed loud because of the pain of the other people. There was not a soul anywhere to be found and she didn't want to hurt herself more, otherwise she wouldn't be able to function. She went back to see her husband on the floor. She took the blanket off the bed and ripped it to compress to his head. "Please, don't die," she mumbled letting out a sigh. As she held his head, she heard footsteps coming down the hall, eventually.

"Stevie?" Maggie's sweet voice came over.

"Oh, thank God!" she looked up to the ceiling briefly. "Maggie!" Stevie asked.

Maggie pushed open the door and gasped when she entered.

"Please, I need some warm water and alcohol and... a towel---I don't know, just hurry," she was freaking out herself and she didn't want to let other people know there was an issue. This was a big trouble with awaiting consequences.

Maggie nodded and did as asked. Running down the hall, she grabbed the water and other things asked for along with some gauze and tape.

"What's going on?" Warner asked as Maggie rushed down the hall.

"Nothing," the woman squeaked---not realizing the older man was still there. "I have to change the bandage on Stevie."

"She wasn't wearing a bandage when I saw her this morning," he had recalled her wearing one before, but he didn't see one on this morning. Even if he wasn't allowed, he still peeked on her.

Maggie became flush as she became nervous. There was no getting out of his questions.

Warner then headed down the direction of Stevie's room, Maggie on his trail as they made their way.

"What the hell is going on?" Warner entered to Stevie trying to keep her husband's head from bleeding.

Stevie looked up and got scared. Not even she knew he was still there.

Warner got on his knees and started tending to Rick.

"Get away from him," Stevie snapped quickly.

"You get away, what did you do?" he asked.

"He was trying to rape me, so I hit him," Stevie yelled---tears still falling from her eyes. In that moment Stevie felt so alone and her heart rate was just going up. She didn't know what to do.

Pretty soon, Maggie reentered with the items. Warner had knocked some of the things out of her hands.

"Thank you," the doctor said to Maggie---taking the supplies.

"Please wake up," Stevie prayed a bit the her husband would get up.

"What was he doing here in this hour?" Warner grunted at her.

"I don't know, you tell me," Stevie snapped once again. "You're not supposed to be here. He tried to rape me, dumbass and all you can ask is if he is okay. It was self defense," she was starting to get the violent feel, she normally got with Rick, when he upset her.

Warner, out of nowhere pulled a syringe from his coat and stuck Stevie in the leg with it. He was too focused on Rick's head injury.

"Ow! you fucker, that shit hurt," Stevie clunched her thigh and hit the floor after a second.

Stevie opened her eyes and realized where she was, right off the bat. "What the fuck?" she gritted her teeth.

"Stevie?" the blue eyes' voice came along.