XXXII.

Stevie got settled in the front seat of the car with Lindsey, while Rick sat in the back, Just taking his wife in. He actuallu hated the state she was in and he knew it was his fault. He actually missed fighting with her and he missed her. He missed everything about her.

"So," Lindsey lingered a she drove them to where they need to be.

"Yes?" Rick questioned---prying his eyes off of her.

"She is going to need some time and it will take her a minute to realize where she is. She thinks she is going back to the hospital, but we have to explain she is home."

"Okay," he replied. "Does she remember anything about our home?" he asked, letting his eyes fall back on her. She was laying on the side her face, against the chair, looking out the window in total silence.

"We'll have to find out. I think she is aware you have a connection to her, but she doesn't know what it is. You'll have to show her and help her to learn the past."

"Oh," he paused. Thinking, the point of her being like this was to forget the past. He was going to try and create what he wanted their lives to be like as their past. He hated how things got with each other.

"You have to get her to trust you, for her to love you---that's what it took with me. She at leasts trusts me," he said small---knowing she loved him. He had hesitation and he just wanted to turn around and take her home. That's all he felt like doing, but he knew that wasn't the plan and that wasn't what she wanted him to do.

"I understand."

"Good, just... old photos, bringing people she knows, home and allowing herself to mingle. She may get scared, but it will help. It may even help her to develop her speaking skills. Therfore, her personality will come back---it won't be the same, but livelier."

Pulling to her house, Lindsey parked in front and let himself off, quickly before Rick could even open the door. He made his way around and opened the door for her to step down.

Her eyes pierced into his---a blank expression on her face as she took in the sadness. Tears wanted to escape her, but she had to let that go.

Lindsey cleared his throat, once her husband had come out of the vehicle fully. "Do you wanna help her?" he asked---it was hard to be with her, knowing he had to leave her, but at the same time he needed to play the part like he wasn't as caring as he seemed to show, before.

"Yes," he smiled lightly and pulled her gently into his side. He handed Lindsey the keys to the house and followed behind him shortly. Rick kissed the side of his wife's head.

She let her head fall on him gently, she didn't mean to, but at the moment she could trust him. She soon picked it up, when Lindsey opened the door. Showing trust, would only make her husband softer and more loving. She could tell he was confused, but in fact he confused her with his feelings. She didn't know if she should be afraid or love him, while all she did was hate him.

Lindsey stepped inside the home and turned to help Stevie up the couple steps. "This is your home, Stevie," he mumbled to her.

She looked around as if she had never seen it. Her eyes fell back onto Lindsey and she smiled. She put her arms around him and hugged him.

He did the same, gently and a small laugh escaped him. He patted her back gently and rapidly, so he seemed he didn't know what to do in front of her husband.

"She's aways been a little clingy," Rick stated---a laugh to follow.

Lindsey just smiled---knowing that would send Stevie to argue immensely.