XXIII.

Stevie got up and looked around the dark room. She was, this time stuck in another time. She was on the street again, but this time it was late night, but it was obvious in the dim and pale lighting. She was wearing the same black dress and she looked to see.

"Hmm," she said aloud as she bit on the inside of her cheek. She began walking slowly among the street and headed to where there was more light in that time of night. It was easy to tell, it was really late at night.

As she walked up the block, she was able to see a familiar car and that was because, it was hers. It was parked in front of a bar. She creased a brow as she took it in and tilited her head to the side. She decided to head inside and see what was going on. She entered to a room full of people; crowding and shoving one another. All of them were drunk or stoned. She was able to make her way easily, since nobody could see her anyway. She came to a stop, when her husband came into her line of vision. She did recall that bar to be the one he was at a lot. That's why she knew it would be smart to spy on what was happening. Or what had happened. She walked up to him and he was pounding shots of whatever. He seemed to only have a buzz thus far.

"So this is where you were, that night?" Stevie grew mad as she watched the past. "I remember being really pissed at you-- when am I not?" she rolled her eyes and put a hand on her hip. "That's why, you came home looking like shit the next morning. I swear, if a woman came on to you, I will kill you."

"Stevie, calm down," Lindsey's voice lingered.

Stevie turned around abrupt. "Hey! when did you get here?"

"Like a few minutes ago... I guess," he shrugged, scratching the back of his head.

"Well, I was just reading him the riot act---but I guess we're here for a reason," she crossed her arms and turned back to face the scene.

"So, they can't see us or hear us?" he asked to clarify.

"Absolutely nothing. It's like this, so we don't mess up the future," she assured. "If we did something different in the past, it would shape the whole future differently."

"Well, that's interesting. In the movies, the people have to be careful not to screw up in their own. This is convenient," he slipped his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah," she answered a little irritably. She was more focused on what her husband was about to do.

All of a sudden, another man took a seat beside Rick.

"Oh, hey?" the older man said.

"Hey, how are you?" Rick responded---eyes a little heavy as he kept drinking.

"What the hell?" Lindsey muttered.

"It's Warner," Stevie said, eyes growing wide as she let her arms fall to the side. "What is he doing here?"

"I am well, I just am stressed about the court thing," Warner replied to the younger man.

"I hear ya, it's a complicated case," Rick responded---taking a swig of beer.

"It's kind of late for a lawyer to be out during the week?" Warner mentioned as he looked at his watch.

"Yeah..." he sighed. "I'm just tired---my wife is tired and stressed because, she takes care of our son and he is wild. But I get home and I am super tired and I fall asleep easy. Then she gets mad and we fight. Our lives changed a lot, once we had our son."

"How old is he?"

"He's three," he responded.

"Oh, that's a difficult age," Warner kind of laughed.