XXVII.

Lindsey slowly, crawled into the bed---all of him, pressed to her and holding her tightly as she slept. He kissed the back of her head as he only thought about being away from her. He knew that was her only protection from Warner as of now---so they'd just have to deal with it. He was also aware, that she would be a diversion on Warner and Rick's thinking. She would be not herself for her husband and for Rick to tell his accomplice about. So if she had to be romantic with her husband for the time being, he'd have to not let that bother him. Even though that was probably going to be the only thing to bother him. Now that he had her, he was feeling protective, but he didn't know how she really felt.

Both of them had expressed their feelings, quite suddenly even though there was no build to it---it was no leading up to it. Stevie and Lindsey had felt very connected sknce their first meeting, so their physical connection didn't seem like a big deal even if it was. It was normal for both of them, but not normal to others. It was an interesting situation, both would have to learn to understand it, but as of now---they clearly weren't worried about it.

Lindsey, let his fingers lightly drag up her arm that was outside of the covers. They grazed gently, but tickled her awake.

She turned over, just to see him and look at him, with a smile.

"I'm sorry---I didn't mean to wake you," he whispered to her, a sympathetic filled smile was on his face.

"It's all right, what's the matter?" she asked, positioning herself, on her arm to sit up and talk. "I could feel your tensity when you entered the room."

He kind of laughed. "I'm fine---I just, I'm worried about getting you out of here on time, now."

"Why is that?" she asked.

"I went to the hospital, to get your clothes that you have to wear, and um... I was met by Warner," he stiffed an irritated filled laugh.

She kind of curled her lips, biting the inside of her mouth. She could feel how worked up he got over the older man, but she also knew he shouldn't let that get the best of him. "You are a better man than he'll ever be," she then stated---to cool him down. She let her hand fall on top of his, squeezing it gently.

Lindsey picked his head up, from throwing it back into the pillows. Her statement was a little random, so she looked up to see what she was saying.

She kind of smiled, taking in his expression. A look of tiredness and trying to fathom. "I mean, you're a good man and he's jealous, he won't get the chance to be like you. What you do in helping people, is so foreign to him, he can't think straight," she explained. "He knows medicine as well as you do---everything as well as you do, but he can't figure out how to use his tools for good. What he does, is take his agression and integrity of others' so he could feel good. He is taking away their pride to use as his own---that's why it doesn't last long before he feels the need to take another life. It's like he's sucking the energy out of people," she added---hoping he was understanding every word.

"My and they call you the witch," he kind of leaned in to kiss her lips. He loved the long valid reason as to why Warner was bad.

"You understand, right?" she pulled away, laughing a bit.

"Mhmm," he nodded---going forward to kiss her again.

"You know you didn't let me finish?" she pulled away again.

"Oh, yeah," he nodded, capturing her again.

"You know it's rude to cut people off when they're talking?" she rose a brow.

"Shut up, Stevie," he smiled---leaning forward, this time pushing her down into the bed.

She accepted, smiling at his command as she laid back, ready to take him for third time already. It was well worth the rest, since they'd continue till the next morning.