XLV.

"Are you okay?" Solan asked his father who was clenching his stomach.

"I'm not sure, it's the pain he usually gives me medication for," Rick assured through gritted teeth.

They were sometime from the facility, but in the woods. It was late and trees caused no light to shine through. The boys were seated in the car, but Rick had stopped from the constant pain.

Solan felt a shock of pain in his heart and stomach---much like the one his mother got a lot.

"You okay?" Rick asked him---now becoming concerned.

"Mom's in trouble," he said before falling out.

"Solan?" Rick turned quickly to see what was happening.

Solan's body went straight into astral projection. Being that he was so young, he had trouble keeping his powers under control. He ended up back in the cave---where he was always to be. He had a bad feeling, so his powers took him elsewhere.

-

"I'm right here," Solan answered Warner---whom was questioning his mother and Lindsey.

"Where did you go?" the old man asked.

"I got scared so I hid," Solan responded. He knew how to talk to this man like a professional.

Lindsey was a little stunned as he watched the young boy stand so tall. His eyes kept wandering over to Stevie and Solan. He didn't want Warner touching either. Stevie was too vulnerable at the moment. C'mon, Stevie... get up, come back, he ordered her in thought.

Pretty soon her eyes popped open and her attention went up. A large gasp escaped her. Still, in her line of vision was Lindsey. She could feel the other presences, but she was afraid to look to her right. Lindsey, can you hear me? she though hard and stared into his eyes.

Yes, he agreed.

Good, let Solan go with him if he asks... she assured.

What?! Are you insane? he remarked---eyes becoming concerned.

Always remember that. She looked to her right and noticed Warner only feet away from her. She was on the ground still seated.

"I see our little witch has come back to us," Warner began nearing her.

She let her head fall back and her eyes roll up to look at him. "And...?" she questioned.

"You don't seem too worried about your son, my dear---" he kneeled next to her.

"Why should I? You've take care of him for seven years and he's alive... What do I have to be afraid of?" she questioned.

He chuckled at her. Standing tall, he neared the boy and wrapped an arm around him. "We're leaving," he mentioned. "Follow and he dies---no questions asked."

"Wouldn't dream of it," Stevie assured.

With that being said, Stevie and Lindsey watched both Solan and Warner walk out of the cave.

Only moments later did Stevie hop up from where she was. "Call the police," she asked.

"Okay... Stevie, I am confused. What just happened?" Lindsey pulled his cell out.

"Solan's not really with that nut case," she picked all her things up and quickly threw it into her bag.

"What? I'm not following," he mentioned.

"That was his astral projection---" she finally clarified.

"He looked so real, how could you tell?" Lindsey followed her out of the building.