XXXIX.

"I guess this changes some things for tonight," Stevie kind of rolled her eyes and let her head fall into the palm of her hand.

"We have time, just be patient," Lindsey told her. He was now sitting in the armchair in her room. He was across the way while she laid in bed with Rick.

They were waiting for him to wake up.

"I had important things to do tonight---regarding where my son is, what he is on..." she looked down at him.

"Stevie, we'll take care of it. Tomorrow we can tell him, he was sick and we can do all of this tomorrow," he assured. "We're pushed back by one day. That's all."

"I know," she nodded. "Alright, it sounds fine---I'm just complaining."

Pretty soon, slight movement was coming from Rick and he was sturring.

Stevie started to become tense, hoping he didn't hear anything of their conversation.

Rick looked up at Stevie and her face held concern, not to mention her blonde hair was somewhat in his face.

"Hey?" Lindsey said kind of bluntly---standing up, he neared the bed to talk.

"What's going on?" Rick asked.

"You were in a pretty deep sleep... you had a bad fever and I drew some blood. Your pulse and heartbeat were way high," Lindsey responded. "Stevie, was worried so she had me come see you."

Rick looked at her and kind of smiled. "I'm sorry for pissing you off earlier, honey," he told her and brought his hand up to her cheek.

She kind of smiled at him and looked back up at Lindsey.

"Did you guys not do what you needed to?" Rick asked Lindsey.

"No, we're gonna do it tomorrow, if that's fine."

"Yeah, I apologize for my... whatever this is," he kind of laughed.

Stevie patted his chest a little bit.

"It's alright, it happens---" he picked up his bag.

Stevie got up from the bed and was going to walk Lindsey out. She kind of patted Rick to let him know that.

He nodded in return and watched her hop off the bed and follow Lindsey. God, I've messed up...

"I love you, I'll see you tomorrow," he whispered to her.

"Love you too," she whispered and rose to her toes to kiss him briefly. "Thank you for the help... and knowledge," she kind of rolled her eyes.

"I get it from you," he winked at her and turned to walk out.

She curled her lips to the side and smiled as she watched him drive off.

She made her way back to her bedroom. She pushed open the door and kept her eyes to the floor as she walked in.

"I'm sorry you missed your appointment," Rick told her.

She looked up and shrugged. She got back on the bed and grabbed her notepad and pen. 'He gave me some medicine though---he just didn't draw my blood and go over the whole process,' she wrote.

"Baby, I can't really read that---my vision is all fucked up right now," he kind of patted her knee.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly.

He kind of got excited to hear her voice. "About what?" he turned his head.

"I'm just adamant on not talking. I don't wanna get in trouble again," she assured. That had been their lie; she did too much talking and it caused her to get shocked.