Chapter 1 - The Music Store

[Edited 27-5-2020]

In case you didn't read the description:

This story is in an alternate universe. Everything is the same, only it occurs during modern times. Reading back, I wished it was 80's-themed, but since old me wrote it modern times, it's too much for me to change. I'm not rewriting the story, just editing.

Disappointing, I know.

YOUR P.O.V

You were currently in your uncle's music store. He was on a much-needed vacation in Hawaii, so you volunteered to run the shop until he came back. It just doesn't pay very well since everyone is listening to Spotify and watching Netflix, but it's a nice environment to work in. Unfortunately, people don't buy CD's or DVD's anymore. Sure, you had Netflix too, but you were still old school. You preferred watching movies on DVD and listening to music out of your radio or walkman. Yes, you were that old schooled.

You have been in the store for two days and not even the wind bothered to come in. Although it was quite boring, it also had its good moments, for example, now

You grabbed your walkman out of your bag and plugged your headphones in. You pressed play and heard a very familiar song.

"It's not in the way that you hold me. It's not in the way you say you care."

You started humming along, a smile appearing on your face.

"It's not in the way you've been treating my friends. It's not in the way that you'll stay till the end."

You sang along softly to the lyrics, trying to conceal yourself.

"It's not in the way you look or the things that you say that you do."

Then you started dancing and singing along loudly.

"Hold the line! Love isn't always on time. Whoa oh oh. Hold the line! Love isn't always on time. Whoa oh oh."

You walked away from the cash desk and started sorting some CD's while tapping your feet at the beat of the music.

"It's not in the words that you told me. It's not in the way you say you're mine. It's not in the way that you came back to me. It's not in the way that your love set me free."

You started running/dancing in between the shelves while singing again.

"It's not in the way you look or the things that you say that you do."

You walked up a table and sang louder (if that was even possible).

"Hold the line! Love isn't always on-"

You noticed that someone had walked into the shop and was smiling up at you. Your music must've been so loud, you didn't hear him come in. You quickly jumped off the table and threw your headphones on the floor.

"Eheh...." You awkwardly started.

"Welcome to Blue Records..."

He didn't response, he just stood there, smiling like an idiot.

"Sorry you had to see that. You're kind of the first costumer in two days and I thought this shop was turning invisible....Just forget what you saw."

"Why should I? It was fun"

Was his response. You blushed in embarrassment, avoiding eye contact. Just then you noticed his Pink Floyd shirt and you sighed.