Chapter 2 - The Storm

[Edited 28-5-2020]

PETER'S P.O.V

As Y/N walked over to the player to put in the movie, I was lost in my thoughts. I was surprised she knew Grease. There aren't a lot of people who know such old movies. Well, no people under the 40. She didn't look like she was 40. Maybe 20.

"Everything alright there?" I heard her ask, ripping me away from my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just daydreaming." She hummed in response and plopped down on the couch beside me, a big smile plastered on her face.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked suspiciously.

"Because I know all the songs and dances from this movie and I'm not going to hold back. You already caught me singing, so it's no secret I'm not a talent." She spoke gleefully.

The movie started playing, causing her to let out a small laugh in response. The couch wasn't very big so I felt her arm touching mine. I couldn't help but blush. Let's face it, I've never even touched a girl- wait. That sounds wrong.

Let me rephrase that.

I have never had any physical contact with any girl besides my mom and sister. Yes, I felt uncomfortable. Well, not the word I would really use, it was just a bit weird. Y/N however, didn't seem bothered to this, so I just tried to relax and focus on the movie.

After maybe just five minutes, Summer Nights had started playing. I could hear Y/N letting out a small scream. It was adorable. IT was almost like she forgot I was sitting right next to her. A stranger she met ten minutes ago and was forced to stay with by some sudden storm.

"Summer lovin' had me a blast. Summer lovin' happened so fast
I met a girl, crazy for me. I met a boy, cute as can be"

I looked next to me and saw Y/N humming along to the song. I could see that she really, REALLY wanted to sing along.

"I thought you said you were gonna sing along." I remarked with a smile. She shrugged at my statement.

"I was, but then I noticed that I would embarrass myself even more than I already did  before."

"I won't tell a soul."

"Won't make the embarrassment stop." She mumbled. "But you're lucky this is my favorite part." She explained and rolled her eyes. I noticed a small smile forming on her lips. Oh here we go...

"OH WELL OH WELL OH WELL OH, TELL ME MORE TELL ME MORE, DID YOU GET VERY FAR? TELL ME MORE TELL ME MORE, LIKE DOES HE HAVE A CAR?"

She nearly yelled along, smiling brightly and bouncing along the music. She stood up and looked down at me.

"Popcorn?" She asked, her smile still showing.

"You have?" I asked. "Always" Was the only response I got before she walked up behind the cash desk.

"It must be somewhere here." I heard her saying from the back of the room. Then I heard a loud bang. Followed by a delicately placed:

"FUCK!!"

I jumped and ran towards her. Not on superspeed. I would feel bad for scaring her. And perhaps scared of the fact I will expose myself to a potential KKK member, but for mutants.