Chapter 26: Calm Before the Storm

Meliodas' P.O.V
It's been two days since Liz ran away...I have searched for her but couldn't find her anywhere! Tomorrow is the day she will die. I want to be there with her in her final moments..

Liz's P.O.V
I have been hiding in the forest outside of Danafor. I couldn't face Meliodas...but I want to see him before I die tomorrow. So I decided to go back home. I started to knock on the door...hoping he was there.

Meliodas' P.O.V
I heard knocking on my door and decided to go check who it is. My heart was praying that it was Liz. I opened the door to see her again...
"Liz...you're back."

Liz's P.O.V
I looked at Meliodas' face to see that he had been crying...because of me. I feel so guilty...
"Meliodas...I'm sorry." He suddenly hugged me tightly and yanked me in our home then closed the door.

Meliodas' P.O.V
I won't let her go this time...never again. I will fight for her...I love her after all.
"Don't leave me ever again..." I murmur softly as I kissed her then she kissed back. Our love...was bound by a kiss. True loves kiss.

Liz's P.O.V
We ended up making love in the living room. It was late at night and we were cuddling while being naked. He was rough this time...I'm sure it's because he missed me.
"Meliodas...I love you."

"I love you too...Liz."