Chapter 41: Gelda's Death

Meliodas' P.O.V
The sins and I had arrived in the town of Edinburgh. We were here to kill the last remaining group of vampires. Then we saw them, they were drinking the blood of humans. One vampire in particular didn't drink blood from the humans the others had. Then...I realized who that woman vampire was...she was Gelda, my younger brothers lover.
"Take out the others!! I'll handle her!" I shouted at my comrades and they began to get rid of the other vampires.
"It really is you...Meliodas." Gelda spoke in a calm and collected tone. Her skin was pale just like other vampires but I didn't understand why she wasn't attacking me.
"Gelda...why aren't you fighting me?" I asked in a confused tone and she walked closer to me.
"You're not the cruel Meliodas from 3,000 years ago, so I have a favor to ask of you..." Gelda spoke softly and looked at my emerald eyes. It was as if she was looking into my soul.
"What is it...?" I spoke seriously yet in a gentle tone. Gelda was my friend, and my younger brothers lover...I would do whatever she asks of me.
"Please kill me..." Gelda spoke in a calm tone and was smiling sadly at me. I couldn't kill her...she doesn't deserve it. But...I knew why she wanted to die. Gelda never liked killing humans and drinking their blood. She was tired of it all...she wanted to rest in peace.
"I understand...goodbye...Gelda..." I then stabbed Gelda's chest as hard as I could so she could die quickly and in no pain.
"If Zeldris...is ever free...tell him...I will...always love him...and...that I chose...to die...thank you...for everything...Meliodas..." And with that, Gelda died after saying her last words. In her final moments...I knew she was happy.
"...Gelda..." I murmur softly and layed her body down on the ground. I tried to get my mind off her by thinking about Ban being such an idiot. He had gotten himself drunk and was just watching the others kill the vampires.
"Captain~! We finished off the other vampires!!" Diane shouted happily and I looked at her with a smile. I need to be happy...I need to get stronger, so that someday...I can save Elizabeth. And before Gelda died...she told me that when Zeldris was ordered to kill her hand the vampires, he chose to seal them away instead. He's too kind...

 He's too kind