Chapter 71: Farewell Letter

Elizabeth's P.O.V
I was in the forest, getting far away from the Boar Hat as much as I could. I needed to get away from Meliodas. But...I regret leaving like this. I can't turn back time now...
"I'm sorry...Meliodas." I spoke softly to myself as I continued running away, deeper into the forest.

Meliodas' P.O.V.
Diane, Ban, and I were on our way back to the Boar Hat. I was excited to introduce him to Elizabeth. Though I knew she'd be furious with me for leaving her. I just wanted to protect her from the dangers there.
"I'm sorry...Meliodas." I suddenly heard Elizabeth's voice apologizing to me...but why? Did something happen?!
"I heard Elizabeth's voice...she said she was sorry." I spoke with a worried expression and looked at both Diane and Ban..
"She's probably fine! Don't get so worried over nothing captain~" Diane spoke happily and I saw that we just arrived at the Boar Hat.
"Introduce me to the princess alright~?" Ban smirks playfully and punched my shoulder. I tried to act happy, but I couldn't shake off the feeling of dread. Ban and I walked inside to see Hawk in a corner...he was crying. He kept whispering Elizabeth's name over and over again.
"Hawk are you okay?" I ask in a soft tone and saw that Hawk began to glare at me.
"Elizabeth ran away...and it's all your fault! She was hurt that you left her alone, so she decided to leave you!!" Hawk shouted loudly as he began to cry even more. So Elizabeth...left me?
"Where is she?!" I screamed and clenched my fist. I'm so worried...what if she's in danger?
"I don't know! But...she left you a note upstairs." Hawk tried to stop himself from crying and I immediately ran in my room to see a letter on my bed. I opened it and began to read it.
It says:
Dear Meliodas,
          I've decided to leave you...I made this choice because I refuse to be seen as a damsel in distress. You don't have to worry about me, I'll be fine. I'm very upset that you broke your promise to me. You said you wouldn't leave me alone. So now, this is goodbye. I will always love you, but I'll try to move on for you. After all, you still love Liz. That's probably why you claimed to love me in the first place. Farewell...Meliodas.
                                          ~Love,
                                                      Elizabeth
Elizabeth truly left me...and it's all my fault! She's right...I broke my promise to her. But she's wrong about Liz! It's true that I still care about Liz, but I love Elizabeth for who she is...!
"Elizabeth!!!!!!" I screamed her name as loud as I could. Hoping she can hear my voice and come home...to the sins...to Hawk...to me.