Chapter 76: Sloth Sin

Elizabeth's P.O.V
After my talk with Diane, Ban and I went to wander what looked like an abandoned town.
"I wonder if there are any people around?" I question softly and walked beside Ban with a smile on my face, even if I was afraid that a monster would appear.
"Who knows~? If there are people living in this dead town, they're crazy~!" Ban whined and it made me laugh at how he secretly tried to help me stop being afraid. As we continued to walk around, we saw a young girl fall to the ground.
"Look a young girl!" I shouted and ran towards the little girl. When I began to hold her in my arms, I could tell she was very sick with a fever.
"Is she alone?" Ban questioned as he stared at the little girl in my arms.
"Get away from my sister!!" A little boy shouted and ran towards me with a pitchfork. I closed my eyes, ready for impact, but I never felt it. I opened my eyes and saw Ban in front of me, he protected me...
"No don't brother!! They were only trying to help me! What have you done?!" The young girl shouted and ran out of my arms and to her brother.
"Are you two getting enough food?" I ask in a soft tone and the little girl nodded no. Those poor kids...
"I'm sorry!! Please sir...! Tell me how I can atone for my sin-" The little boy stopped talking as he saw Ban pull the pitchfork out of his chest and his wounds began to heal.
"Y-Your wounds...!" The little girl shouted with a confused expression.
" Atone for what kid~? A real genuine sin can't be atoned no matter what you do..." Ban spoke sadly and it made me think about what sin he committed.
"Glad you finally realized that Ban~" A voice spoke calmly and I saw a young boy that was floating, stabbed Ban with a spear.
"Ban!!" I shouted with a worried expression. The small children his behind me as if they saw him before.
"Are you Ban's woman~? I'm King! The sloth sin of the Seven Deadly Sins." King spoke with a smirk on his face as he eyed me. I was afraid that he'd hurt the children...I will protect them no matter what!