Chapter 38: Finding Ban and King

Meliodas' P.O.V
I was once again all alone and was on my way to a prison where Ban was being kept. I knew it would easy to get to him but easier to get him out~
"So here's here eh~?" I spoke in an excited tone and walked into the prison where Ban is. I made one of the guards take me to his cell and when I went inside, I saw him covered in dirt.
"Let's get going Undead Ban~" I spoke in a firm yet calm tone and he looked up at me and wasn't shocked at all.
"Another try? Come on~ You know I can't die. And why'd they send you? You're a child!" Ban shouted with a bored expression as he leaned on the wall.
"Guess you leave me no choice~" I spoke in a happy tone and punched him out of the wall, causing me to free him.
"That was so much fun! Do it again~" Ban spoke in an excited tone and was smiling at me. I knew at that moment that we'd be best friends.
"This round goes to me~ We can continue if you come with me-" I didn't even get to finish since Merlin teleported behind Ban and escaped with him. The guards got angry with me and I said it was the order of the king. They understood and in a carriage, I saw the next person I was supposed to find. I asked the guards if I could accompany them back to Liones and I sat with a young fairy boy with no wings.
"Why are you here for?" I asked the boy and he just looked at me with the most broken look.
"I killed my best friend to save a village...the knights think I was responsible for the village being slaughtered. They said...I'm the sin of sloth...I abandoned my people." The young boy spoke sadly as he didn't even care what would happen to him.
"Well~ I think you're a splendid king! You had to leave your people to save your best friend who went insane am I right?" I spoke in a happy tone and he looked at me with a slight smile. I knew that his heart was broken, but it will be fixed someday.
"My name is Meliodas~" I spoke cheerfully and the fairy boy slightly laughed.
"I'm Harlequin...but please call me King." King spoke in a calm tone and I nodded with excitement.
"Well King, wanna join the Seven Deadly Sins~?" I asked with a smile on my face and he nodded with a smile as well.
"Yes...Meliodas."