Chapter 79: Necropolis

Elizabeth's P.O.V
The kids took us to the entry way of the Necropolis. They seemed scared and I felt scared as well. I felt like something would go wrong...
"Elizabeth are you alright?" Meliodas asked as he began to grope my behind as he tried to comfort me in his own special way.
"I-I'm fine! Don't worry a-about me...!" I began to blush in embarrassment since Meliodas was touching me in front of everyone, especially the children.
"You're not surprised at all?!" Hawk shouted at the children who just laughed at Meliodas and me.
"No! He did that all the time with-" Ellen was cut off by her brother Brams who just said she was messing around with us. As they continued to talk, I started to think about Liz.
~Flashback~
"Meliodas!! Danafor is being destroyed by dragons!" Liz shouted loudly as many people were during because of the dragon invasion.
"I know! But you need to leave now!! I'll take care of everything...!" Meliodas shouted seriously as he killed any dragons who came close to Liz.
"I'm not leaving without Ellen or Brams...!!" Liz shouted as she began to cry tears of sadness then ran away from Meliodas who screamed for her to come back.
~Flashback Ends~
"Elizabeth! We're in the Necropolis now...you were in a daze! You scared us all..." Meliodas spoke worriedly as I saw that everyone was looked at me sadly. I noticed Ban gone, I wonder why...? I began to cry at the thought of what I saw in Liz's memory of the day she died.
"I'm...sorry." I spoke softly as Meliodas began to hug me close to his chest so he can ease my heart ache. Liz's life...was so full of pain at the very end. I feel...so sad. She must've gone through so much...