Chapter 94: Pent up Feelings

Elizabeth's P.O.V
I was in the crowd with King, Ban, and Diane, waiting for Meliodas' battle to start. I was worried about him... (Sorry I skipped King's battle, I'm not in a right state of mind right now...)
"Now it's King vs. Meliodaf!" The judge shouted loudly and I saw Meliodas walk up in the ring towards an old man that looked very familiar.
"M-Meliodaf be careful...!" I shouted and Meliodas just gave me a heartwarming smile. The old man didn't notice me but he was giving Meliodas a firm gaze.
"I was shocked when I saw you, but when I heard your name was Meliodaf, I knew that my hunch had to be right! You're Meliodas' son right?" The old man spoke kindly and I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was really familiar...but where have I met him? Danafor...his name is Cain Barzad. Where did those thoughts come from...? "Actually I'm Meliodas if you wanna know~" Meliodas spoke cheerfully as he pointed at himself. The old man looked at him with a surprised expression.
"You're talking nonsense! There's no way Meliodas is a whipper snapper like you!!" The old man shouted as Meliodas tried to shush him so he'd keep his voice down.
"It's a long story but I'm using another name~" Meliodas spoke calmly as I just kept my focus on him. I felt like he was going to be hurt...
"If you were Meliodas, he would be an adult! And the fact that you don't remember me makes it hard to believe your story!" The old man shouted as Meliodas just sighed at him while putting one if his fingers on his head.
"Yea sorry about that~" Meliodas smiled happily at the old man but he began to glare at him.
"If it's true that you're really Meliodas from back then...I swear I'll never forgive what you've done!" The old man shouted loudly as he pulled off his cloak and on his shirt...it had the crest of Danafor.
"That crest...it's Danafor's." I heard Meliodas whisper and both King and Diane were confused at what was happening.
"What's Danafor?" King questioned as he just looked at Meliodas who looked like he knew the kingdom and that old man.
"My father only spoke of it once...but Danafor is where I was born." I explained as Diane's eyes widened at my words.
"What possessed you to destroy the whole kingdom?!" The old man screamed as he shot a fireball at Meliodas.
"It's a direct hit!" Diane shouted with a worried tone and King pulled her close to his chest so she would calm down.
"Meliodaf!!" I shouted loudly as I grew more worried that he would get severely injured.
"What possessed you to kill all my people?!" The old man continued to scream as he once again shot another fireball at Meliodas.
"Look at that folks! Meliodaf can't counter King's strange techniques!!" The judge shouted as the crowd roared with excitement.
"What are you doing?! You gotta fight back!" Diane shouted as she grew angry at Meliodas' actions of not fighting back. Maybe that man is important to him...
"He's not recovered from his fight with you Diane!" King shouted as he too was worried about Meliodas.
"That's not it~ He's always pulling stupid crap like this." Ban suddenly arrived as Diane pinched his cheeks while asking why he would do that.
"What possessed you to kill Liz?! The woman you love!!" The old man screamed and it made me flinch when he mentioned Liz...I noticed Meliodas flinch as well.
"What possessed you to betray everyone of us?!" The old man summoned a giant fireball and hurled it at Meliodas.
"Dodge it!" King shouted and I saw that Meliodas had a serious look in his eyes.
"I tried to save all of them! I wanted to protect everything!! But I...I failed. And that's the sin I bare. So this time...I won't let that happen!!" Meliodas screamed as he caught the fireball with one hand and it just suddenly disappeared. Meliodas...you must have really loved Liz...there is so much guilt in your heart...and mind.