Chapter 95: Doubts & Smiles

Elizabeth's P.O.V
I couldn't believe that the man knew of Liz...but my heart felt like I knew him as well. I need to speak to him.
"The counter-vanish technique! The power that can nullify any magic that's pointed in your direction. Without a doubt your the one from back then!" The old man stated firmly as he narrowed his eyes at Meliodas.
"And I remember you Cain Barzad~ Though it took me a while." Meliodas spoke cheerfully and I was so shocked that I had knew the man's name.
"So you finally remember huh?" Barzad questioned as he smirked slightly at Meliodas.
"Ya~ Back when you were with the holy knights you used to go by Barzad the flame! You were always wearing a full suit of armor too~" Meliodas spoke happily as he smiled at Cain. So I take it they were close long ago...Soon Barzad walked up closer to Meliodas witha serious expression.
"Meliodas...can I really trust what you've said before? You didn't betray us? You didn't betray all of Danafor...?" Barzad asked softly as Meliodas just smiled warmly at him.
"You can trust me~" Once Meliodas finished speaking, Barzad immediately ran up to him and hugged him while crying tears of relief.
"I'm so glad you didn't turn on us! I wanted to hear you say those words for so long!!" Cain shouted as he clutched onto Meliodas who just patted his back.
"Really?" Meliodas asked calmly as he tried to comfort Barzad who was still crying his eyes out.
"When I came back from my mission...everything was gone! And there were rumors about you destroying Danafor!" Barzad spoke calmly and both King and Diane looked at the two with a confused expression.
"What's going on here?" Diane questioned as she looked at the fairy beside her.
"Beats me!" King smiled at Diane but I couldn't get rid of the feeling of knowing Cain Barzad. I knew his name...and he knew Liz. Could it be...that I'm-
"You alright princess~?" Ban spoke calmly with a smirk on his face while he patted my head.
"I'm fine! Don't worry about me Ban..!" I smiled cheerfully at Ban while I saw Hawk selling ale in the distance. I then turned my attention to Barzad who was now walking off the stage since he forfeited the match. Meliodas was smiling at him and I knew that this was my chance to go speak to him. And so I ran off towards his direction.
"Hey wait!!" Ban shouted and I countinued to run off towards Barzad. I needed to see him and ask him about Liz and Meliodas...and to figure out if I met him before.