Chapter 24: Liz Awakens

Meliodas' P.O.V
It was the afternoon...Barzad took Wandle for a while. I wanted to be alone with her...
"Liz...I need you." I couldn't bare the thought of losing her again...
~Flashback~
"Hey Meliodas~!" Liz shouts with a warm smile as she stared at me.
"Meliodas..." The goddess version of Elizabeth murmurs lovingly as she to smiled.
"I love you..." Both versions of her declared as they continued to smile..
~Flashback Ends~
"Liz..."

Liz's P.O.V
I heard his voice...Meliodas is calling out to me. I want to see him...before I inevitably die in three days.
"...Meli...odas..." I murmur weakly as I opened my eyes to see him crying tears of joy while holding my hand. I have seen this once before too...
~Flashback~
"Elizabeth~ Wake up~!" Meliodas shouted with a smile as he was holding my hand. It was morning and he made me breakfast. He kept his promise...to be there when I wake up..
~Flashback Ends~
"Meliodas...sorry for worrying you..."

Meliodas' P.O.V
Liz...she's awake! I'm so happy...even if she will inevitably die. I want to be with her in her final moments..
"Liz...I'm happy...I waited for you!!" Both of her eyes were golden with the goddess symbol. She had her memory of her previous life..

Liz's P.O.V
Meliodas...he looks happy, but I know inside his heart, he's feeling depressed. I will die and he can't save me...even so, I know we'd meet again.
"Meliodas...I'm sorry...that I make you suffer. But we'll get through it...together..."

"...Together..."