Chapter 29: Reborn

Meliodas' P.O.V
I lost control and destroyed Danafor. I killed so many innocent people. All because I couldn't keep my emotions in check. I doubt there's any survivors...and yet, I heard a baby crying. I was crying myself after I lost Liz...though I continued to wander and saw a baby about to be crushed by a broken house. The baby looks like Elizabeth...!! I grabbed the baby and saved it before she was crushed.
"Elizabeth...I found you." I continued to cry and began to slowly walk out of the destroyed Danafor. On the outside, I saw the king of Liones and the holy knight grand master Zaratras on horses. I've seen pictures of them from books...I knew the king could see visions of the future.

Baltra's P.O.V
This boy looks like he's been through hell. He's holding the baby I saw in my vision. I'm glad she's safe and the boy as well.

Zaratras' P.O.V
That boy looks exhausted, he looks as if he could collapse any minute. I should hold the baby so it won't get hurt. But we need to know what happened here first.
"Hey! What happened here!?"

Meliodas' P.O.V
If they try to take Elizabeth from me...I will kill them myself. I won't lose her again. Not ever...
"...." I couldn't utter a single word, I was still so shook by what happened right before my eyes..

Zaratras' P.O.V
I got off my horse and ran towards the boy who was carrying the baby. It seems the young child wasn't injured, that's a relief.
"You look like you're about to pass out! Hand the baby to me-" The blonde boy smacked my hand away and aimed his sword at me..

Meliodas' P.O.V
That holy knight grand master dare try to touch MY woman!? I won't let him or anyone else take her away from me.
"Don't touch her! Keep your hands off MY woman!!" I growled at him and I heard him utter 'your...woman?' I promised Elizabeth...I will protect her, no matter what. I intend to keep that promise...till the day I die.