Chapter 59: Mead

Elizabeth's P.O.V
The people of this village told us that a young boy named Mead put a bug in the holy knight's drink. He grew angry and put his sword in the ground. I had left Meliodas without him knowing in search for that young boy. After a while of searching, I found a boy crying under a tree.
"Are you Mead?" I asked in a gentle tone and he looked at me with a frustrated expression.
"Why do you wanna know!? Are you gonna blame me too?!" Mead shouted with more tears falling from his eyes. I felt nostalgic just looking at the boy. He reminded me of my time with my father...
"I don't blame you at all Mead...I did lots of pranks as a child. I wanted attention, because I felt like no one cared about me. I climbed a tree and my father got really worried and climbed after me. He fell and I blamed myself. I knew at that moment he cared...even if he isn't my father by blood." I spoke softly and suddenly Mead ran up to me and hugged me.
"I didn't put the bug in the holy knight's drink because I don't care about them...they're all really good to me." Mead murmurs softly and continued to cry.
"Then why did you Mead?" I asked with a warm smile and rubbed his head gently.
"That holy knight was being mean to them. He insulted our ale...I just wanted to get revenge on him." Mead spoke softly and tried to stop himself from crying.
"I understand Mead...it's okay. The boy I'm traveling with...will surely help your town. He loves the ale you all make. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it's good!" I giggle happily and saw that Mead was no longer crying. He was smiling.
"Thank you miss um.." Mead spoke softly and looked at me with pleading eyes.
"I'm Elizabeth~!" I smile and pat his head while he began to laugh with a smile on his face.
"Miss Elizabeth!" Mead shouted cheerfully and it made me happy that I could help this boy. He told me about how he was born on the road. When his parents stopped in Vanya, there was an epidemic that killed his parents. And everyone in the village helped raise Mead. I knew what he was feeling...the sadness you feel not being able to be with the people you love.