Chapter 23: The Cursed Lovers

Cain Barzad's P.O.V
Meliodas carried Liz to their room and layed her in bed. I was watching him hold her hand tightly and Wandle on my shoulder..
"Meliodas...what is going on?"

Meliodas' P.O.V
I honestly didn't know what was happening...but I know for a fact that my father did something to her..
"I don't really know, but in order for me to tell you my theory...I want you to know that I'm a demon."

Cain Barzad's P.O.V
I was shocked to see someone so kind as Meliodas was of the Demon Clan. Wandle was shocked as well, and it surprised me that even he didn't know.
"I'm not angry with you for hiding that about yourself, but...what is wrong with Liz?"

Meliodas' P.O.V
I'm furious...why would my father do something like this? It just doesn't make sense!
"Liz is actually the reincarnation of my past lover Elizabeth of the goddess clan. She was the holymaiden that was in charge of guardingthe fountain of youth in the goddess forest. When I met her...I immediately felt a connection. But because of me...she died at the hands of a red demon. She sacrificed herself by letting my drink the fountain of youth instead of her..." I then began to cry...just thinking about that time made me feel emotional...I can't take it.

Cain Barzad's P.O.V
I had no idea...that Meliodas suffered that much. Liz was actually of the goddess clan...no wonder she was drawn to Meliodas. It made me sad that Meliodas began to cry...this is my first time seeing him in such a weak state..
"Now that you told me of your past with her...what's your theory about what's going on with Liz?"

Meliodas' P.O.V
I still am sad...the day I lost Elizabeth...was the worst day of my life. I don't want to lose Liz too. Not again...
"My father is the Demon King, making me the first prince of the Demon Clan. Most likely my father did something to her..." Suddenly...Barzad, Wandle and I were taken to a void of darkness.

Demon King's P.O.V
"Well well well~ So you figured out that I did something to that wretched goddess~?" I looked at my idiotic son and his companions look at me with such hatred. I loved it.
"I placed a curse on both of you. Once that woman made you immortal, it didn't make your soul immortal so I put a curse where you can't die."

Meliodas' P.O.V
I'm immortal in spirit as well? Damn it...but I don't care.
"What curse did you place on Elizabeth...!?" If he gave her a curse worse than mine...I will kill him!!

Demon King's P.O.V
He still doesn't get it? Hm, well he'll see eventually.
"That goddess is cursed with perpetual reincarnation. She will continue to live out short life spans as a human and each time forgetting all memories of her previous lives. Once she remembers, no matter if you try to protect her, she will inevitably die in three days. Everytime she's reborn, she will inevitably meet and fall in love with you, and will inevitably lose her life before your eyes~"

Meliodas' P.O.V
No...that can't be. That's cruel!! Elizabeth will die over and over...I can't take that pain again!!
"Why!? What's your plan for doing this to us!?"

Demon King's P.O.V
"To make you both suffer...I enjoy watching people suffer. Especially you both~ That's why I made your spirit immortal so that you can't get a soul eating demon to kill you~!"

The Demon King sent them back to the living world. They were all crying...and looked at the sleeping Liz...who will inevitably die in three days once she awakens..