Chapter 58: Vanya Village

Elizabeth's P.O.V
We arrived in the town of Vanya where they're known for ale. I saw the lakes dried up and dead plants everywhere.
"Sir Meliodas! The plants are dead..." I spoke with confusion and thought how that could happen.
"Let's ask around to find out what happened~" Meliodas spoke with a playful smirk and began to grope me.
"S-Sir Meliodas...!" I shout with a flustered expression.
"Let go of her you pervert!!" Hawk shouted as he grew frustrated with Meliodas' behavior. I saw that Meliodas slightly flinched when Hawk said to let me go.
"I'll never let her go..." Meliodas whispered softly and only I heard it. His words made my heart race...I was happy he wanted me to be with him.
"L-Let's get going now!" I stutter out and began walking to where I saw a crowd of people in the center of town. I wonder what they're doing..?
"Hey! Is this a festival~?" Meliodas asked with a cheerful smile and the people grew angry at him.
"Does this look like a damn festival to you!? We're trying to pull out the sword that a holy knight put there! The sword stopped the water flow!!" A man shouted angrily and it scared me. I hated it when people screamed..
"Don't scare my woman okay~? Or you'll be sorry!" Meliodas' expression turned serious and all the men and women nodded in understanding. My heart was racing once again at his words...his woman.