Chapter 70: Runaway Princess

Elizabeth's P.O.V
I woke up in my nightgown and saw that Meliodas wasn't by my side. Where is everyone? It's so quiet.
"Meliodas? Diane? Hawk?" I question aloud and put on the navy blue bar uniform. I checked everywhere in the Boar Hat and saw that no one was here.
"Elizabeth you're awake!" I looked to see that Hawk shouted my name and I was happy to see that at least he was with me.
"Hawk! Where is Meliodas and Diane?" I question in a soft tone as I hugged Hawk close to me.
"Meliodas and Diane left to Bastate prison to rescue Ban. Meliodas didn't want you coming." Hawk spoke sadly and it made me feel hurt. I couldn't believe Meliodas would leave me behind. He said he'd always be by my side. He lied to me...
"I see..." I then got up and ran up to my room while Hawk ran after me with a worried expression.
"Elizabeth are you okay?" Hawk asked in a soft tone and I clenched my fist while crying tears of frustration.
"I can't be here no longer...I have to leave. I'll travel on my own...!" I spoke firmly and then Hawk began to cry and walked closer to me.
"Are you serious?! Meliodas will come looking for you!" Hawk shouted and his pleading eyes made me feel guilty.
"I know...but I don't care. I'm going no matter what! Goodbye Hawk...I'm glad I met both you and Diane." I wiped my tears away as I packed all of my clothes into a bag. I then wrote a quick note and left it on my or now Meliodas' bed.
"When Meliodas comes back...tell him to read that letter." I spoke seriously and Hawk nodded in understanding.
"Be careful out there...Elizabeth." Hawk continued to cry and I smile sadly at him. I gave him one more hug then ran out of the Boar Hat and into the forest. This is my new journey...without Meliodas.