Chapter 75: Friendship

Elizabeth's P.O.V
We all arrived in a town that was abandoned, it looked old and I could feel sadness in the air. A great tragedy must have happened here. I went outside to talk with Diane since we didn't get along well.
"What are you doing here?" Diane asked with a frustrated tone and I just smiled at her.
"I wanna be friends with you! We may not get along well since we love the same person afterall, but I'm sure we can still be friends." I spoke cheerfully and saw that Diane looked embarrassed.
"Can I tell you why I fell in love with him?" Diane asked and I nodded. I wanted to hear her true feelings but I also wanted to know what Meliodas was like back then.
"You can tell me anything Lady Diane!" I continued to smile and I sat on the ground so I could be comfortable while hearing her story.
"The captain saved me from rude Liones knights and asked if I was okay. That was the first time anyone asked what I felt..." Diane spoke softly and I began to cry because I could feel her emotions. She felt hurt that I was with the man she loves and she felt guilt for always being rude to me.
"Lady Diane...I'm so sorry you felt that way. I know you love Meliodas, but...I love him too. I won't let him go...I hope you can understand that. You're not alone anymore y'know? We're all here for you...!" I hugged Diane's leg since she was so tall. She felt so alone, but now she has the sin's, Hawk, and I. I'll always be there for her even if she still hates me.
"Thank you princess...by the way, I want to be friends with you. So will it be alright...if I called you Elizabeth?" Diane spoke softly and it made me so happy that she wanted to be friends with me.
"Yes!!" I shouted cheerfully and wiped my tears away. Diane began to laugh at my silliness.
"Then don't be formal with me either kay~?" Diane began to smile at me and I was shocked she wanted me to stop calling her Lady Diane.
"I-I couldn't possibly...!" I stuttered and saw that Diane looked serious about me stopping my formalities with her.
"It's fine okay?" Diane continued to smile and it made me feel relaxed. She was so kind to me.
"A-Alright!" I smiled at her as well and hadn't realized that both Meliodas and Ban heard our entire conversation. All I thought about was how I gained a new friend. And she's a giant~!