Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

Trent

Here I was waiting for the trackers I sent out. And the sun is up and it’s almost 10AM in the morning now.

My wolf is on edge, making me on edge. I have had so many arguments with him about our mate.

“I don’t get, why we have to look for her?” Paige growled. “All she causes is trouble”.

“I know. As much as I hate it, she is my mate I spat out. And if anything happens to her, I won’t be able to function right; with my wolf in depression or gone” I growled.

“Besides she deserves her punishment, don’t you think?” I smirked. My wolf growled, again.

“I guess you're right” she pouted.

“Of course, I’m right” I kissed her pouting lips. My wolf went into a growling fest at that. Somehow kissing Paige didn't feel the same as all the other times. Stupid mate bond.

We were about to go into a make out session, when Luke came in barging. I growled at the interruption even if it didn't feel right to me.

I looked at look him, who had a panic look on his face.

“What’s wrong? Did you find her?” I asked frantic at his panicked face that and my wolf who is worried and frantic for Violet, is surfacing.

“Alpha we have a problem” he stated as he caught his breath. I was about to ask what, when the door burst open.

I was shocked by what I saw. A pack member was carrying a bloodied beat up Chris; with the pack doctor and nurses following them.

“Oh my god” I heard Paige gasp.

I went over to Chris, as they placed him on the couch. The pack doctor started working on him. I looked at Chris and saw that his eyes were barely open, but I had to try and get answers out of him.

“Who did this? And where are the others?” I asked or more like demanded.

He looked over to me with fear. “They are dead, they are all dead. Monster killed them all” he struggled with his words. And soon enough he went limb, his eyes staring blankly at me.

I felt shock go through my veins. All of them?!

I sent out 10 trackers. They should have stood a chance, especially with their training. What really bothered me was that he said monster, as in one person.

Could it have been…?

No, she didn’t have any training nor could she shift at all. Who did this? I thought, as I stared at the dead body of Chris.

“Alpha” the pack doctor spoke shakily.