22: The One Where Toni's Mom Is In Surgery

Part 4:
TONI POV:

"Toni." Cheryl walks into the hospital and pulls me into a hug. "How's she?" She cups my cheeks. "I don't know she's still in surgery." I take a deep breath.

"What happened?" Fangs ask. Fangs, Sweet Pea, Cheryl and I were sitting in the cafeteria at the hospital. Cheryl raps her arm around my arm and lies her head on my shoulder. "After the dance, we went home did some stuff, I woke up, I got a text saying she was home and at Pops when I got there someone shot her. I called Cheryl once we got here." I look down at the food in front of me and push it away slightly. Cheryl rubs my arm slowly and softly. I still haven't processed the last few hours. "Maybe you should go home your covered on blood." Cheryl sits up. "I'll drive you home." I shake my head. "What if she wakes up?" I want to be here. "I'll call you." Fangs says. I go to grab my jacket. "Where is my jacket?" I start to panic. "You probably left it at Pops." I take a deep breath. "I'll go find it." Sweet Pea gets up.

"When my parents were getting a divorce my mom brought me hear with our dog and told me everything was going to be ok and that I didn't have to be scared of my father ever again." We decided to go on a walk to clear my head. "You had a dog?" Cheryl takes my hand. "Yeah, his name was Oliver. He died about a year ago, it was unexpected he kept eating rocks. Wait than now that I think about it, it wasn't unexpected." I play with her fingers. She stops. I turn around to face her. "She's going to be ok."

SWEET PEA POV:

I walk into Pops with Veronica. "Hey is Toni's Jacket still here?" Pop is still wiping up all the blood. "We are closed." He turns around. "I own this place." Veronica says I see her Jacket on the counter and grab it. "Do you guys want anything to eat?" I nod. "Yeah."

TONI POV:

"Here. It was sitting on the counter." Sweet Pea hands me my jacket. "Thanks." Cheryl raps her arm around me. "How's she doing?" Sweet Pea ask handing me coffee from Pops. "She's out of surgery, they won't tell me what room. They want her to settle in before anyone visits." A nurse walks over to us. "Your mom is settled if you want to see her." I stand up. "She's in room 312.  Talk to her and keep it positive." I nod and walk to her room. I sit down on a chair next to her bed. "I'm sorry about the fight we had, I was being a stupid teenager. Not much happened at the dance we did what teenagers do at a dance. I really love her, I don't know what I would do without her." I look up to see her eyes slowly opening. "Mom..."

CHERYL POV:

"So if everything hadn't happened I would have asked you how last night was after the dance." Fangs ask quietly. I look at him. "It was good, she said that she loved me. And yeah we've said it but I usually say it first. It's rare that it's the opposite." I smile thinking about the memory, Toni and I lying in bed after a long night of dancing and sex.  "You and Kevin." He looks up at me, immediately starts blushing. "What about it?" He ask. "Did you ask him out?" I ask quietly. "Not yet but we did talk a lot." He looks down and smiles. "I was talking to him the other day, and asked about you and he turned into a tomato." I say and it's true. I ship it. Toni walks out of the room and into the waiting room, her face blank. "Toni..." my heart drops. We all stands up, She shakes her head. "Toni. What happened?" She takes a deep breath. "She's ok, I want to kill who ever did this to her."

We decided to go home and give her mom some rest. "Toni, I'm gonna go to bed." Toni is at the sink staring off out the window. "TT." She looks back. "Ok, I'll be there in a few. I need a minute." She rubs her eye. "I've given you about 3 hours." I say a little to bitter. "Cheryl, please." I nod. "Sorry I'll be upstairs." I walk upstairs. "Wait, Cheryl." I turn to look at her. "Bath?" I ask, she simply nods. I go up and draw a bath.