31

Monday came by faster than Annabeth had hoped. She didn't want to go to class and face Hisoka. She couldn't bring herself to talk to him about anything. Pretending to have not been feeling well, she stayed in the nurse's office. She made sure to avoid her brothers and Hisoka. Avoiding Illumi was easy. He was always with Pakunoda and had stopped paying attention to her. It made it easier for Annabeth to hide herself from him. Killua, on the other hand, was far more perceptive since Illumi had been with Pakunoda. She had to be careful to avoid Killua. Elliot was reaching his breaking point. He hated seeing Annabeth suffering the way she is. He wanted to kill Hisoka for making her act this way. Hisoka sat at his desk. He knew Annabeth had been avoiding him but he didn't know why.

"I destroyed that bitch's phone. Annabeth couldn't have known about it." Hisoka thought to himself. Elliot was continuously glaring at Hisoka. "What's his problem?" Hisoka thought to himself. The lunch bell soon rang. Hisoka sat with his group of friends, which also included Illumi. Elliot and Killua met on the roof. Annabeth waited until the hall were clear and went to eat her lunch alone in the staircase. Up on the roof, it was sunny but with a constant chill from the wind. Elliot and Killua were eating their lunch as they always did.

"Hey." said Killua. Elliot, who was munching away at his food, looked over at Killua. Killua knew Elliot had been hanging around his sister a lot lately. "Do you know what's bothering my sister?" he asked. Elliot froze. He wanted to keep his promise to Annabeth but this was his opportunity to finally get the word to Illumi that Hisoka shouldn't be around his sister.

"Sorry, Tiny." Elliot thought to himself, "This has gone on long enough." He pulled out his phone and pulled up the picture of Hisoka and Kara. He looked at the picture for a minute before passing his phone to Killua. Killua's eyes widened in shock.

"How long did you know about this?" asked Killua. Elliot sighed sadly.

"I was there when she found out. Someone sent her this picture. She didn't want you to worry. She made me promise to keep quiet." said Elliot as he hung his head in shame.

"That explains why she's been acting weird." said Killua as he handed the phone back to Elliot. "So she was falling back into her old habits." Killua thought to himself. Killua stood up and went to find his sister., leaving Elliot on the roof by himself. Elliot, however, was not going to sit around anymore. He began to make his way towards the cafeteria, where he knew Hisoka and Illumi were hanging out. Killua searched the halls and found Annabeth in one of the staircases. She was munching on her lunch, in her own little world. "Hey." said Killua. Annabeth slowly turned around to see her little brother standing there.

"Hey, Kil." she said trying to hide her sadness.

"Why didn't you tell me?" asked Killua. Annabeth immediately knew what he was talking about. She looked away from Killua. She didn't know what to say. Killua sat next to her.

"I'm sorry, Killua." she said as tears began to leak from her eyes. Killua hugged his sister.