34

"I need to talk to your sister." Hisoka said in a sharp and dangerous tone as he barged in and pushed himself past Killua. Hisoka was about to walk up the stairs when he felt a grip on his wrist. "Do you really want to try and stopping me?" Hisoka said as he looked at Killua, who had a sharp and guarded glared in his eyes.

"She just barely started eating again. Are you really going to jeopardize that?" said Killua in hopes that he could play on Hisoka's feelings for Annabeth and their shared wanting of her to be healthy again. Hisoka's eyes narrowed even more.

"She'll be fine." Hisoka said coldly as he ripped his wrist from Killua's grasp.

"Why the hell are you here?" Killua and Hisoka turned around to see Elliot glaring at Hisoka. Hisoka scoffed and turned to meet Elliot's threatening gaze.

"I could say the same to you." Hisoka said ominously. Killua could feel the cold air poke at his skin. He slowly made his way up stairs and stood as a guard in front of Annabeth's door. Killua was still able to see Hisoka and Elliot from where he stood. There was anger and tension between the two. It was almost like a thick red fog that wouldn't dissipate.

"She doesn't want to see you." said Elliot. His voice was seemingly deeper than usual. Elliot had an evil and enraging tint in his eyes.

"You don't know that." said Hisoka as he turned to continue up the stairs. He stopped upon hearing the clicking of a gun's firing pin. His eyes widened ever so slightly. He turned around to see Elliot pointing a gun at his chest. "You'd take away her only happiness? How bold." Hisoka said as a newfound smile of no happy origin took place on his face.

"You're no longer her source of happiness. You're her source of her sadness. I have no reason to hold back anymore." said Elliot with nothing but a happy and somehow deranged smile on his face. All from the thought of finally being rid of Hisoka.

"Do you really want to take that chance?" said Hisoka. He turned around and offered no defense from Elliot's gun. His arms were wide out. His chest was completely exposed. "Do it. Pull the trigger and prove your point." said Hisoka. Elliot's smile had gotten bigger.

"Gladly." Elliot said. Right as he was about to pull the trigger, there was another click. The boys turned around to see Annabeth's door open. Elliot quickly hid his gun. Annabeth looked over at the stairs and saw Hisoka. Her eyes went to a dark place that they have never been before. Killua watched as his sister glared at Hisoka with nothing but anger. Hisoka's eyes lightened up at seeing Annabeth.

"Annie, I know-"

"Save it." she said in a voice made of ice as she cut off Hisoka. Hisoka felt a quick shot of fear course through his body at her sharp, cold, and angry tone. "We're through. I never want to see you again." she said harshly. She looked down even further and saw Elliot. Her eyes did lightened ever so slightly. She wasn't terribly mad at Elliot like she was Hisoka. "Why are you here?" she said to Elliot in a slightly less angry tone than she had towards Hisoka.

"I wanted to check up on you." said Elliot with the smallest hint of fear in his voice. Annabeth was no longer the sweet girl she once was.

"I'm fine. Leave......... Both of you!" she yelled. The boys flinched at her harsh and unruly tone. Killua guided both of them outside. Annabeth watched Elliot and Hisoka leave. Once the door shut behind them, Annabeth slumped down against the wall. She buried her head in her knees. Killua sat next to her. He gently rubbed her back. Annabeth picked up her head and smiled. Killua was still a bit worried.

"Are you okay, Anne?" asked Killua.

"That felt good. I can't help but feel a bit better after having control like that." said Annabeth. Then, she sighed as she replayed her actions in her head. "I should apologize to Elliot. I know he was just trying to help me. He just happened to be in the line of fire." Killua smiled at his sister.

"At least you're thinking clearly now." said Killua in a relieved tone.

Hisoka walked to Chrollo's apartment. He knocked on the door only to meet more angry glares from Chrollo and the others.

"Why are you-"

"I know what happened with Kara. I remember it all." said Hisoka. The group exchanged glances. Their attention was in the palm of Hisoka's hand.